Epilogue

Epilogues are usually 2 pages at the maximum but I don't care. I have every intention of ending this story with every question answered and I believe that I have.

Thank you for those who gave their opinion about the previous chapter, as the author I do have every chapter planned out. So you needn't worry about it because I know what it's like to have a question unanswered. (I absolutely hate it!)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own this song or video. (I hope you guys listen to this song, I feel it sums out this whole story!)

========================================================

"No one told you?" She held onto my arms, continuously planting quick kisses all over my face.

"No." My excitement got the better of me, "And you?"

She shook her head and explained, "Mamma woke me up early in the morning and I did not know why. But she had her maids dress me and now here we are."

I was still surprised. No amount of words could describe what I was thinking. She is now bond to me and I, her. I did not have to worry about the consequences. No one could take away this feeling; this absolutely stunning wife of mine would be my future and the mother of my future children.

Lightly smacking the side of my torso, "Were you crying earlier?"

Rolling my eyes, I knew I could not deny it. "Yes."

"Why?" She laughed.

"I knew it was you." I wrapped arms around her and enveloped our bodies together. "A part of me was ready to accept this mysterious girl but then there you were. Walking down that isle in this gorgeous dress and I just knew."

I held her tightly and softly kissed her, giving her every confirmation that she was the only one for me. Every breath in syncopation, parting her mouth she gave herself to me and I was responding well to her synergy.

"You were crying too, do not deny it." I pointed out.

"That's because Mamma didn't explain anything to me, so when Father was walking me down the isle I cried tears of joy." She justified quickly.

"Tears of joy?" I repeated, tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Yes, Brendan. Tears of joy." She mirrored me, "What happens now?"

"We wait for our beloved parents to explain everything to us." I simply put.

"I love you." She reminds me, resting her head against my chest.

"I love you." I retorted, kissing her head as we gazed outside the window.

The ceremony ended swiftly, every subject from neighbouring Kingdoms came to congratulate us. Dancing and laugher was spread throughout the night but all I seemed to focus on was Lyra.  To have an explanation would put her at ease, I knew that but to me, it did not matter because having her by my side was all that I have wanted up until eight months ago. We both waited in Father's study, sitting at his grand settee. I knew I was getting ahead of myself but I was slowly planning out our future.

My thoughts drifted back to the boys and as much as they were my close friends, Lyra was right. Blood over bond was the strongest link of all; towards the end of our glorious reception they all had me cornered in the grand ballroom and gave me their friendly warning.

"Boys?"

"Your Majesty." They say one at a time, hands in their pockets with that damn smug look on their face.

"What is it?" I could not help but ask as I knew what was coming.

"So Lyra," Marcus began, choosing his words very carefully.