Chapter Seven | The Lady

Okay!!! I have retreat with my school for the next two days, so I won't be incontact with you lovely readers. Should I give you guys a nickname? Would you like to make up one?
Haha...just joking, but if you want to make up a name then feel free to.

For the past week, I have been getting MASSIVE FEELS FROM EXO....and I'm afriad I might explode. But I will prevail, and remain writing this story for you! :)

EXO IS THE BEST! FIGHTING!

==========================================================

She turned her horse around, revealing both of her legs. She was riding side saddle. They still expect ladies to ride side saddle? What would happen if I were in a threatening life or death situation that involved me riding a horse as a getaway? Would that mean that I still had to ride side saddle, while trying to get to safety? I pondered, frowning to myself. But that would defeat the purpose of actually riding a horse. I'd get on the horse, swing my leg to the other side and then finally when I command my horse to ride off into my refuge, I'd fall back off anyway. Leaving me to die, perish or be taken anyway depending of my threatening life or death situation.

Society demanded too much from ladies these days. What am I going to do when I introduce myself? I buried my face in James back and groaned.

"And who is this?" Sylvia asked arching an eyebrow at the Prince.

"She's-"

Before the Prince could say my name without making a face, I hopped off James' horse and walked straight up to her, curtseying; "I'm Lyra."

"Sylvia Amiras. Lady Sylvia. I'm sure you've heard of me." She commented, acting superior

Amiras? I've never heard of the Amiras family, but should I tell her that? I contemplated on whether or not I should embarrass her and from the looks she was giving me she was already judging the way I dressed myself.

As I gazed at her highly refined dress, it had to be one of the brightest shades of orange I had ever laid my eyes on, I looked down and questioned if I had chosen the right thing to wear. It's not like Mamma or Father would make me change whenever I went out riding with Julian. Lady Sylvia's dress was the most complicated mass of material, frills of orange lace overlapping one another while her horrendous hat had a different story.

Her hat...her hat, was like a bowl of fruit. I won't go into describing the mass of demolition. As we has a little showdown among our fellow gentleman, James immediately hopped off and joined my side.

"Lyra is our-" I cut his sentence.

My well lightened eyes signalled him, "Close friend. I'm their close friend."

I turned back to eye Marcus and Sebastian, they had better follow on with what I was saying. Those two boys were always ignorant to the pranks I played on Julian. Be smooth, boys...

Lady Sylvia cocked her head to the side, "Is that so? And here I was thinking I had the Demori boys all to myself."

Please...no one has them to themselves but me. I giggled along with her dry sense of humour. "Well, you thought wrong."

At that instant, Lady Sylvia instantly stopped her giggle and stare at me in disbelief. She must've been questioning herself, if she heard right. Did a girl...with no title just sass her? You guessed right.

I hooked my arms with James and led him back to our horse, "Are we going to ride or what?"

Prince Brendan smiled to himself; he somewhat approved of my attitude and made his way back to his horse.

James tugged on my arms, whiling riding away from the rest of the boys, "Why didn't you want Sylvie to know we were related?"

"Sylvie? You call her Sylvie?" I asked, sounding pretentious.

"Is someone jealous?" James teased.

I buried my face in his masculine back once again, "No...I just love you boys too much to share."

"You still didn't answer the question."

"To why I didn't want her to know why we're related? I don't know." I answered quite truly. Lady Sylvia would still look at me the same if she knew I was related to them. "You don't even have a nickname for me..."

And as our ride back to the Palace was quiet and calm, I reminisced about the joyful times I had with Mamma and Father. And Julian but thinking about it now, everything has changed. Father doesn't give me the time of the day, Mamma is criticising everything I do and Julian has left me.

With all of that going on inside of my head, I slowly opened my eyes and noticed Prince Brendan looking at me with a concern look. What now? Another trick, you have up your sleeve.

I took it upon myself to look the other way. There was too much scenery to appreciate on the Royal grounds and gazing upon the Prince's face was not one of them. Only time could tell when Mamma and Father could come and take me away from this wretched place.

"Is something wrong, Missy?" Prince Brendan yelled.

Who's he talking to? Is he talking to me? I look up from my resting place and eye him. Are you talking to me?

"Yes I am talking to you from the looks you're giving me." He shook his head.

I rolled my eyes at him and waited for what he wanted to say. It took longer than I thought, the Prince waited until Lady Sylvia, Marcus, Sebastian and Alex rode past us; each stallion passing us by with strong thud.

James whispered to me, "Do you want me to leave the two of you? I can walk from here."

It took me a moment to acknowledge James' voice. It was commendable that James assumed I wanted privacy with the Prince and it was true...our decade long dispute was only between the Prince and I but in that moment of time, I didn't want to be alone with the Prince.

"No don't. I don't want to be alone." I frowned, taking a deep sigh. Alone with him that is...

"You don't want to be alone with me."

Now I know I didn't say that out loud. What's happening? I didn't have time to think about how the Prince heard my thoughts; it was astonishing enough that he replied to what I asked myself.

I felt James arms gripping onto the reigns, "Will this take long, your Majesty?"

I smiled at James sudden protection, and though he knew that Julian would've done the same if he was here, I think James would've felt the need to take over for Julian for the time being.

"Come to my study Lyra. We need to talk."

==========================================================

Vote, comment, follw and LISTEN TO EXO'S "GROWL"