Chapter Thirty-Four | Holy Matrimony

A few days ago, marked my third anniversary of having Wattpad. And now today, I end a beloved story that was two years in the making. I'm glad you guys are here with me, to see this story grow. Love you guys!

LISTEN TO THIS SONG AFTER YOU FINISH THE FINAL CHAPTER!

==========================================================

Everyone filed into the Cathedral with excitement and anticipation; they were going to have the chance to see their future Queen. Not to mention, a major event for their Prince.

Flattening out the bottom half of my dress, I find my place beside Sebastian. Lighting nudging me, Sebastian whispered. "I can't believe he's getting married."

I nodded slowly, agreeing with him. One week few by to quickly, clearly it wasn't enough time. But the Cathedral was beautiful; the Tranquillus flower wrapped each end of the chairs as the front altar was draped in white and gold silk.

While Sebastian was busy talking to the rest of his brothers, I gazed up to the second floor of the Cathedral to see an eight-piece orchestra playing a soothing symphony for their guests. Queen Clarissa sure knew how to plan a wedding. It was absolutely magnificent and regal.

"Are you alright?" Sebastian cooed.

"I am fine, just admiring the Queen's work."  I pointed out the priest, who was holding the matrimonial rope.

Endless chatter continued while most of the servants were quietly offering glasses of champagne to their guests.

Between the carriages arriving and the King and Queen welcoming their guests, I knew that this would be a long ceremony. Flower petals were scattered down the aisle, the doves were bound to their posts and at the ready to release when they both say 'I do'.

Feeling light taps on my back, looking behind me Sebastian and Alex both handed me a flower, "Two flowers for the Lady."

"Why thank you, kind gentleman." I lift the flowers and attach them to my plait.

"You're so quiet today." Alex pointed out, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong." Sebastian answered for me.

"Are you sure?" Alex completely ignores his brother.

Sebastian ordered in a threatening tone, "Stop bothering her."

"Boys, this isn't a place to fight." I warned, checking to see if anyone saw the heated conversation these boys were having.

"Do you ever think about the future?" Alex ignored me and asked Sebastian. That one question made all my memories come flooding back to me.

Standing in the direct sunlight, I saw Brendan's handsome face. Of course, at that moment he wasn't listening to me but I could tell he was trying hard not to come off as sensitive either.

"What?"

I repeated myself, "Do you ever think about the future?"

Throwing away the Queen's list of upcoming events, he turned to me and thought about the question. He must have, otherwise he would have answered my question by now. But it was not a time to throw useless words around; he had to be careful with what he said next.

"Sometimes when I'm by myself, I think of what my life would be like if I was not a Prince." He confessed, surprised that he, himself, said that out loud.

"You're kidding."

"I do." He picked up the list and hid his face behind it.

He must have been so embarrassed to have to say that to me and because of his reaction and that made me twice as guilty. He didn't have to say anything but he did and now he's flustered like a little boy.