(Pt II) Chapter Eight | Deal

I really need to keep count of this. The number of times he answered my unasked questions. I unclenched my fists and fanned myself.

"Embarrass you? I most certainly will not shame you. You're already doing that yourself." I commented.

The Prince turned his whole body around, bent down to my level and gawked at me with repulsion, "How am I doing that, Missy?"

I coolly felt his hot breath of my face, looking straight into his tranquil green eyes; "You're doing it right now. You're Majesty...you can't even contain your emotions when someone is telling you nothing but the truth."

He scoffed, breathing into my face once again. What a nice view of your mouth... I thought, rolling my eyes in hatred.

"Then what do you suggest I do, Missy?"

Irritated as I was, I turned to him, "And what is with that? Why do you call me that? Missy? I do have a name."

He nodded at me; acknowledged what I had said but he looked at me in disagreement, "Missy is so much easier than Lyra."

Recalling back to the cookie incident, I answered back. "But you called me Miss Lyra in front of Jean just then? Why not continue with that now?"

"That is neither here or there. I'll call you whatever I want to call you." He concluded.

Did I agree to this meeting just to hear the Prince say this to me? To hear him tell me that I need to learn how to act properly in society and that he'll continue calling me Missy because it is convenient to him? This was astounding. Outrageous...more like. I quickly held onto my angering thoughts and silently took a sip of my remaining tea.

"So you want me to suggest something?" I asked, continuing on from his question.

The Prince gleamed, looking towards me; "If you have an idea on how we can fix you."

Fix...fix me. Angering me over and over again, it was draining the life out of me. I have no strength or sheer force of will to go on. The Prince seemed accomplished of himself, seeing that he's got me alone in a room with him, and this was our first proper meeting ever since the night of the dinner.

"Fix me? Are you being serious right now, your Majesty?" I asked using a condescending tone.

"But of course! We really need to show you a thing or two. I for one, will not be helping you, looking at you is enough to make me go crazy and angry at the same time-"

And in the midst of the Prince blabbing on and on about how it was the right thing to do...to fix me, I had the strong urge to slap that huge grin off of his face. The other part of me was telling myself to beg him to stop all of this nonsense. I couldn't take it anymore. I was really going to do it. I was going to grovel to make him stop. But no one's ever grovelled. No one. I looked to him with complete and utter distain and slowly forced my throat to form the words. I'm really going to do it...I'm really going to end our dispute by begging him to stop.

"...and when we're done fixing you, I'll show you what its really like to live under the same roof as the Prince Brendan Theodorian." He concluded.

Breathing in, I chuckled and repeated him. "What's it's really like? Who says I want to know?"

The Prince shrugged in delight, "Everyone."

"Do you have some kind of philosophy? The kind where you think all the men in Kalkaska want to be you and all the fair, sweet ladies of Kalkaska want to be with you."

"That pretty much sums it all up." He shrugged again, only this time he slumped down to the couch.

I couldn't hold it in. I held onto my abdomen and laughed a hearty laugh, "That. Is. Ridiculous."