Chapter Seventeen | News

I am so sorry for not updating!!! Year 12 is pretty hectic. And I was trying figure out on how Julian was going to..."move on"

==========================================================

“I don’t understand why Father and Mamma are not here! Where are they?” I screamed at Jean as I paced back and forth.

I already knew where Father was, Mamma should’ve been here with me in the castle. I clenched my fist and tried to hold back my bad thoughts.

“Miss Lyra. I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault Jean. I’m just worried. Worried out of my mind.” I guaranteed, trying to steady my heartbeat.

When Jean came to me, I left Prince Brendan and joined her in a private room so she could tell me what news she heard of Julian. I’ve always prepared myself for the worst. But never in a thousand years did I imagine the worse would be so sudden. Julian’s fallen ill. And physicians have tended to him but Ella just sent us a message to inform us. I don’t understand how Julian could be ill, I saw him two days ago.

“Miss Lyra, I think it’s best if you sit down. Try not to stress yourself out.” Jean insisted, trying to tame the fire within me.

“No Jean. I mustn’t let this get the better of me. Have you heard from Mamma?”

She faintly smiled, “She’s on her way.”

Good. That’s good. One the way is better than nothing. What if we’re too late? Taking another deep breathe, I looked to Jean, “Pack some of my belongings.”

I finished, walking off into the direction of the kitchen. Food. We’ll need some food for the trip. Jean stammered. “Where are you going, Miss Lyra?”

I turned back and told her, “And pack some of my parent’s belongings. We’re going to Julian.”

~ooOoo~

We travelled by horse, you’d think that it would be a faster way of reaching Julian’s realm but circumstances changed, and our horses decided that now was the right time to stop and mate. Yes, mate. Don’t horses have a specific mating season? But luckily enough, Father, Mamma and I came to Julian in two short days and Mamma and I were able to figure out what was wrong with him.

“I assure you that I am fi-”

“Don’t you dare say fine. You would be out of bed and up and about with Ella if you were fine.” Mamma scolded, “You are anything but fine.”

Julian faintly smiled though I knew he was struggling. He remained calm and opened his hand and waited for Mamma to hold onto him.

“It’s just a small fever. And a few injuries here and there therefore I need to rest if I want to see another day.” I felt my jaw clench as Julian finished.

And as I kept my distance and watched Mamma continue to scold Julian, I began to understand how much Mamma loved us. She loved us wholeheartedly and would always try her best to keep us safe from harm. She had our best interests at heart, only I was too much of an imp so see it.

Mamma stayed by his side, stroking his face, while Ella and I were at the far corner of his room talking amongst ourselves.

“Where are the quadruplets?” Ella smiled, placing both of her hands on her stomach.

I grinned back at Ella, “We left them behind. Mamma and I thought they would be…too loud.”

As Ella agreed along with me, she laughed and sat herself down and leaned against the glass, “I’m glad you’re here Lyra. Julian said that he had a fight with you before he left.”