Chapter 20

Now they sat around, waiting. Waiting for Alex to wake up. "When do you think he would wake up?" Wolf asked. "I don't know. I'm gonna check on him now. You guys coming?" Snake said. "Yeah." They all headed upstairs only to hear a loud thud then a "What the hell are you guys doing here?" Alex's voice. Soft and a little weak because he doesn't have much strength. Wolf opened the door quickly. Their guns in hand. "Ohhhh. Men with guns. Sexy. But I'm a lady with skills." One of the girls said. "We, Crystal, we are the ladies with skills." The other girl said. "Right." Crystal replied. "What are you guys doing here?" Alex asked again. Wary and tired, he leaned against wall. "Here to debrief you and tell you your next mission." Ruby, the other girl, replied. -I just realize that they are both names of a sparkly thingy!!!!-
"If you're here to do that, why did you climb on top of me? I could accidentally killed you." Alex said. "Sorryyyyyy. I was trying to see if you're awake." Ruby said sheepishly. "Then you could have tried something else other than climb on top of me." Alex said quietly as he sighed and stretched a bit. "I should not have done that." Alex mumbled as he felt the tug of the stitch on his shoulder that was threatening to rip. "What about them?" Ruby asked. "They've signed the OSA already." Alex said. They all went down stairs. Alex had to go really slowly because of the stitches on his legs where the bullets grazed him. Yassen supported him, careful not to touch his injuries. Yassen helped him to sit down on the couch.
Alex told them about what he found out during the mission. "You went against 30 well-built men?" Alex nodded. "Last time you went against 40 remember? And more came! You were barely alive..." Crystal said, whispering the end. "Ah. That... "
"What do you mean ' ah. That'?! You were f*ing dying but Blunt he... he just ignored that f*ing signal you bloody sent and when you get out by yourself he claims you don't need the help!!" Ruby exclaimed in anger. "Language Ruby." Alex said. "Sorry. I just... I can't stand it." Ruby said as she rubbed her face with her hands. "Anyways! Can we talk about the mission privately?" Crystal asked. "Yeah. Let's go." Alex said and led them to the balcony. He shut the glass doors behind Ruby. Crystal pulled out a file and handed it to Alex who leaned against the concrete railing. Even though k-unit and Yassen can't hear what they are talking about, they sure know that Alex was not happy.
"This mission is ridiculous! It's disgusting! I'm not doing it." Alex dead panned and slammed the file on the table before leaning on the railing, looking out to the sea. "Blunt say if you don't do it, he'll revoke your guardian's guardianship and strip off all his finances and have k-unit binned."
They saw Alex's head whip around to look at Crystal and Ruby. He looked angry, frustrated and upset. Extremely upset. Alex buried his face in his hands and then rubbed his face to try clear away the fatigue. "He can't bin k-unit. He has no authority. He doesn't wear a uniform." Alex said. "But he can revoke your guardian's guardianship and strip all his finances."
"... Fine. I'll do it." Alex said, tired. Then he spotted someone. He turned to face Crystal and Ruby. "My 7 o'clock." Alex said before stretching his arms to for an embrace so the girls can have an excuse to look in that direction. Each of them hugged Alex for long enough see who it was. Crystal gave him a pen a paper from her pocket. Alex placed the paper on the railing and pretended to be writing something. He kept spinning the pen in his hand. He discreetly pushed a button to shoot out something. The guy in the distance slapped his neck and cursed the insects. Or what he thought is an insect. Alex shot a hearing/tracker device at the guy. Alex took out his phone and tapped into the hearing device. "Scatter and find him. Alex Rider must be around here somewhere."