Chapter 5- The curious case of the alluring smile

Wei Wei typically ate with her dorm sisters. She really considered them her sisters because, over the past two years, being away from home for the first time, being the only girls in their year in the computer science department and having a lot in common had brought them together.

However, this was the only the second time during the past two years that Wei Wei hadn't had dinner with them. The first time was when she was down with a fever. Knowing that her well meaning sisters would launch an inquisition into her behavior, she steeled herself and walked inside.

"Wei Wei, you are back. We were so worried when we couldn't see you in the dining hall. We were about to start a woman hunt" yelled Er Xi.

"I lost track of time studying," said Wei Wei.

"Studying? Where? I looked all over the library when Er Xi texted me you weren't at dinner" said Xiaoling.

"Oh no", thought Wei Wei "Xiaoling is always very sharp". Thinking on her feet, she replied, "I wanted to find a quiet place, so I studied by the lake near the bridge. It was so beautiful outside today, I found it quite relaxing to read there".

"Wei Wei you worried us a lot, next time let us know where you are before you head out. You should replace your phone soon", said Sisi.

"Crisis averted" thought Wei Wei. 

She couldn't help the wistful smile that came across her face as she thought about the day's events. Er Xi, Xiaoling and Sisi wondered about what had made her smile like that. 

Quickly catching herself, Wei Wei declared she was going to take a shower and dashed to the bathroom. After all, they had decided to maintain normalcy and normally Wei Wei played Dreams of Jianghu after dinner.

Meanwhile in the boys dorm ...

Yugong, Yu Banshan and Hao Mei were playing basketball inside their dorm room. They were simultaneously arguing over who had the best chance to win the campus belle, Yi Ran over.

She had called earlier in the day requesting help with her computer.

"She really wants me there", said Yugong as he bounced the basketball. 

"No chance, she was really looking for Xiao Nai, besides I am better looking than you are. So she might go for me", said Yu Banshan.

" Fat chance of that happening! It is not the campus belle I am interested in, but the other girls in the dorm. Let's all go together and try our luck", replied Yugong.

Just then, Xiao nai entered with a big smile. Seeing an alien expression on the normally serene friend's face, they all started to tease him.

Yugong said, "Nai, what's up? Did you accept a proposal from one of your admirers?" not realizing how close he was to the truth. Nai had just cofessed to the woman he admired and she admired him.

Yu banshan responded, " Aiyah, This will break the campus belle's heart, she called the dorm again to help her fix something" , making air quotes with his hands as he talked.

Hao mei chimed in "Is Xiao nai cheating on our Sansao ? We must protect her honor" laughing out loud.

Still flashing a wide smile, Nai chose not to react to them and simply said "I need to take a shower" and made a beeline for the bathroom. After all he had promised his furen that they had decided to maintain normalcy, and normally he played Dreams of Jianghu after washing up.

The three dorm brothers stared at each other wondering what had caused their usually reserved brother to have that blissful expression.