Chapter- 10: Revelations Part 2

The next morning, Wei Wei woke first around 7 am. 

She saw Nai awake and looking at her with loving eyes. She had spent the whole night by his side, deeply concerned for his well being. "Good morning, how are you feeling?", she asked while simultaneously trying to straighten herself. She had worn the first thing she found and had rushed to the hospital. She was aware that she wasn't dressed in the most glamorous clothes and her hair must be a mess from sleeping.

Xiao Nai however noticed none of that. All he could think of was how beautiful she looked in the morning and how had he lucked out and found this person who loved him so deeply . He replied "Good morning, much better. The headache has reduced a bit." 

He gestured her to come closer, pulling her into a tight hug he said softly in her ear "Thank you for being there for me and taking care of me. It means more to me than I can express." Still clutching her to him, he decided he needed to change the maudlin atmosphere. Taking a quick glance at Hao Mei who was snoring away, he whispered in her ear teasingly "This is not how I imagined spending the night with you". She just buried her blushing face in his chest deeper and mumbled after a minute or two "I love you Xiao Nai" , she had finally told him what she wanted to say all night.

"I know", he said "me too. More than you can imagine". They stayed in their embrace for a few more minutes.

Wei Wei sprung to action and got a hold of the duty doctor to give Nai the once over. The doctor checked Nai and said " Spend the rest of the day in the hospital resting. If your headache is fully gone by the afternoon, you can get discharged. Make sure to take it easy for a week or two. You need to rest properly or the headache will be back". Wei wei and Hao Mei, who had woken up from the commotion by now, nodded solemnly each promising to themselves they would make Nai rest.

Wei Wei went off to freshen up in the bathroom while Hao Mei went out to get breakfast for the three of them. They shared a hearty meal over laughter and banter. Wei Wei said to Nai after they were done eating, "Let me get back to the dorm now. I will be back in the evening to check on you"

Nai responded "No, you get some rest and prepare for your exam tomorrow. I will be fine. We are done with our exams and the boys will probably hang out here with me. You need to take care of yourself, Wei Wei"

Hao Mei echoed "Don't worry Sansao, I'll make sure he stays in bed and rests. I won't let him do any work"

Wei Wei "Okay Mei-ge, I trust you. By the way, I couldn't sleep last night and I reworked some marketing proposals for the game. I think that could help get the start up some funding. When you are free, take a look. I can talk to a school senior of mine who works for a big media company. I am confident she can help us"

"Brains and beauty. I'll take a look, but not sure I will understand much. I'm too much of a coder.", Hao Mei responded. He couldn't resist adding, " Nai, you must have done something really good in your last life to find Sansao. She is my sister now, I trust you will treat her well, or you answer me!"

Nai laughed out loud, it warmed his heart that his friend and brother had already accepted Wei Wei. Wei Wei for her part looked embarrassed and said "Bye bye, I'll text you" and ducked out of the room making a beeline for the taxi stand.