Chapter 13 - 100% off the market

Wei Wei assumed that Nai's car was still getting repaired after the accident and that was why they were taking his bike.

Nai however had other motives. After listening to her conversation with Hao Mei about stalkers, he had wanted to put an end to that. These were his last few days on campus, Wei Wei still had two years to go. He needed to send a signal to all the boys to leave his girl alone and save her from unwelcome advances.

As they began making their way towards campus, Wei Wei realized that people were staring at them. "Oh no, this was not such a great idea", she thought as she gripped his jacket tighter. Sitting on his bike or coming clean to their friends was one thing, but walking into the basketball court hand in hand with Nai was something else. She wouldn't have a moment's peace if someone posted about her on that wretched forum again.

As soon as they reached outside the court, Wei Wei jumped off the bike and said "Nai, my sisters will be waiting for me. I'll watch the game sitting with them. I'll talk to you over chat tonight. Good luck with the game." and ran into the court by herself as fast as she could.

The whole thing made Nai laugh - his furen was brave in battle or if she had to break rules take care of him; not such much when she had to walk into a court on his arm.

Wei Wei found her sisters and quickly sat down next to them. Er Xi "Wei Wei, how did your meeting go? Was it successful?"

"Oh it was successful alright", thought Wei Wei unconsciously touching her lips thinking of the moments when dashen's had been on hers. Her first kiss had been beyond everything she had imagined. Shaking out of her stupor, she responded "Yeah, it was great"

Noticing her slightly spaced out expression, Xiaoling said "Wei Wei what is with you these days? You are up and down all the time. It's hard to tell how you are feeling "

Sisi added with concern, "You are also missing meals...I hope you are eating okay. Are you alright?"

Wei Wei responded, "I am alright. Let's just watch this game . After its done, we need to talk. I promise I will tell you everything". They had decided to let their friends know over dinner.

The game had been thrilling to watch for the first two quarters, the computer department played exceptionally well and Nai was the star performer. They were well ahead of the Architecture department when the whistle sounded indicating the end of quarter.

As the team took a break to hydrate , Wei Wei saw Nai sitting down and wiping himself off with a towel. Due to his recent injury, he would only play during the first half. She had wanted him to skip it altogether, worried about the exertion. He had wanted to play in the last game of this college life and they had compromised at him participating in the first half. She watched him carefully trying to ascertain if he was really alright. As their eyes met, Nai had an idea.

He would once and for all settle this, sure people would gossip for a few days but after that they would leave Wei Wei alone.

As the third quarter began, he casually stood up and slowly started making his way to the bleachers. "What are you doing Nai", thought Wei Wei. Everyone in the audience was watching with bated breath to see what he was up to. He ignored all of it, walked straight to Wei Wei, who was sitting in one of the aisle seats. He crouched down, leaned towards her , looked straight in her eyes and said "The team is going out for a late supper after the game. I probably won't be online later. Will you be free tomorrow? I need to go over the pitch you prepared". The bleachers had gone completely silent, Er xi ,Xiaoling and Sisi looked on in shock. They couldn't hear what Nai was saying, but it was clear from their body language that they were together.