Chapter 24- Living in Sin

After the "fried rice night" as Wei Wei had taken to calling it, she would spend most weekends with Nai. Sure, the sex was mind blowing but, they enjoyed living with each other and mostly sleeping in the same bed. After a couple of walks of shame in a row, followed by some creative explanations ,Wei Wei had taken to keeping a part of her wardrobe at Nai's. Weekends turned into long weekends, eventually getting to a point towards the end of the year where Wei Wei was practically living with Nai. Their saturdays were spent with breakfast in bed and afternoons where Wei Wei caught up on her homework, Nai on the endless paperwork. Sundays, they had lunch with his parents. Auntie Lin was sure they were living together but she figured they were adults and that was probably the only quality time they got.

It was the day after their final exams for year 3. Wei Wei not only had to attend those, but had to coordinate the soft launch of their mobile game on campus. As students walked out of the exam hall, they saw giant colorful tents with gaming stations where they could try the mobile game on sample phones or on a simulator on desktops. It had been a smashing success, ending with a late night dinner with her dorm sisters and Nai's brothers. Somewhere in the middle of karaoke, Nai and Wei Wei had disappeared.

Xiaoling : "Do you know where Wei Wei is?"

Er Xi : "She said she's going back to the dorm. I thought we were all going to stay at your off campus place Xiaoling."

Sisi: "Pretty sure I don't see dashen either. We barely saw her these last two semesters."

Er Xi : "She's always in the office when I arrive or leave"

Yu Banshan: "Not always. Come on, do you really believe that Nai would let San Sao crash at the office with his giant apartment waiting"

Er Xi: "I have never actually seen them leave together"

Yugong suddenly had an idea, " Remember the prank we tried to play last summer, let's do that tomorrow morning. This time, you listen to me , don't waste any time, 7 am we'll be there."

Er Xi : "What if she's not there?"

Hao Mei : "Trust me , she will be" . He laughed. One evening, the boys were doing books with Nai in his apartment. The downstairs bathroom was occupied, so Hao Mei had to use the one upstairs. Looking for extra toilet paper , he had found a box of tampons under the sink, her toiletries in the shower and two toothbrushes next to the sink. He realized what that meant but had decided it wasn't his business. After all, he was living with KO and they never gave him a hard time about that.

Sisi : "Why are we doing this? I mean its their private life. "

Everyone : "Because it's fun to tease them!!"

Next morning, Xiaoling, Er Xi, Sisi, Yu Banshan, Yugong and Hao Mei arrived at Nai's place. Nai and Wei Wei were still asleep. They had decided to take a couple days off before Wei Wei left to Wuhan for two weeks.

Yugong :" Should I ring the doorbell or knock?"

Hao Mei : "This is a smart door bell, they may not open the door if they see us."

Yu Banshan :" That's the camera. Quick, give me your scarf Sisi. I will hide it so they don't see us"

Xiaoling : "What if they call the police because you tampered with the camera?"

In the midst of all this chaos and argument, Er Xi had simply turned the door handle and it opened. Last night, Nai and Wei Wei had been so tired that they had forgotten to lock the door.

Er Xi yelled : "It's open guys!"

They all shuffled in and sat at the giant dining table. The girls admired the open plan of the light and airy apartment as it was their first time visiting the house. Nai was a light sleeper. He woke up first from the commotion. He saw Wei Wei passed out cold next to him. Rubbing his eyes wondering what that ratchet was he came out of the room and stood at the edge of the stairs.