CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: Same Eyes, Same Traits.

He walked the deserted road, he didn’t have a clue to where he was, only he was somewhere in New York City.

“Watch where you walk kid!” someone muttered, bumping his shoulder. He hissed in pain as it was slightly bruised. “Could’ve said the same to yourself,” he muttered, as he held his shoulder and continued walking.

“The kid’s escaping! Stop him!” the man yelled, as a number of people started chasing the eleven year old. He climbed up the fence, giving a reassuring nod back to the girl that hid behind the tree, the shady tree, that didn’t allow her shadow to be seen. It saved her life, for now. She knew he’d come back.

The boy ran through the bunch of trees. He was running through a forest, at night. He had no idea where he was going to end up but one thing he knew for sure was that he was going to get to New York, one way or other.

The men hot on his heels, he increased his pace, no matter how much his little legs protested, he ran. He knew better than to stop only to be dragged back to the hell hole.

In the dark of the night, he hoped he had lost the men chasing him somewhere in the woods. He had stopped running, settling in a clearing somewhere. He knew this woods by the heart of it, every clearing and every right and left. He knew he was close to the road. 

The next morning as soon as the sunlight was visible, the boy was up and on his track to the train station. It hadn’t taken him long to get out of the bunch of trees, as said, he had known the forest by its heart.

The walk to the train station was not so long, it was near. With the money he’d managed to steal from the hell hole he had lived in, he bought a ticket to New York.

He didn’t feel bad to have stolen, something he’d have never done. He wasn’t a bad kid, but that place had taken a lot away from him already, he thought he deserved at least that much. He didn’t bother taking a flight. An airport would be the first place the men would be looking at.

He had slept throughout the whole ride, a lady had woken him up when they had reached. His eyes lit up at the thought of being in New York, close to his loved one—his only family.

He quickly got to his feet, eagerly waiting for the train to come to stop, the doors to be opened. He probably smelled, his baggy jeans, his slightly ragged black batman tee, that his a number of scars underneath them. He hadn’t eaten in days, but the thought of finally meeting his only family had him excited.

As soon as the train came to a halt, he swung his small backpack on his shoulder that wasn’t bruised and jumped out the train, a smiling lining his lips.

Here he was, walking along the street, looking around. A few dollars in his jean pockets, he tugged his way into Starbucks. He pushed the door to the shop open, knocking a girl down who was just behind the door.

“What the fuc—fudge…yeah fudge,” she said, as she looked at the kid who had pushed open the door. The boy looked at her and her friends, fear filling his eyes. The last time he had knocked someone down it hadn’t ended well. She had olive green eyes, pale complexion. A smile that could take over any heart, she was a cheerful, chirpy brunette.

“Fuck,” He said, completing her sentence, “I’ve grown up listening to swears, don’t worry about it,” he said, a sad smile tugging at his lips.

The brunette, along with the three of her best friends, gave him a smile. It was a sympathetic smile though. She held out a hand for him to hold on to and get up. He did, as he smiled.