CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: Ice Cream Makes Running Harder.

Third Person

It has been ten minutes since they left the hotel they were staying in. their belonging still rest there. The floor is still covered with the layer of cloths belonging to Jake. When they couldn’t decide who would clean the mess they had settled upon whatever the decision was made through the decision making game that is, rock, paper, scissors.

Originally, it was won by Leah, but eventually she tricked Jake into doing it. So yeah, it would be Jake who’d clean up.

Since none of them were familiar with the place they hadn’t known any better of where they should go. “Excuse me ma’am, could you tell us where we can find the nearest mall?” they had asked.

The woman was kind enough to tell them the right directions to where they wanted to go. She had long brunette hair, huge brown eyes and a nice button nose. She was polite through the short ten seconds of words exchanged.

So now, they were walking down the street the woman had told them would lead them to the nearest mall possible. They hadn’t taken a ride I the jeep since Jake had been too lazy to travel up to the 30th floor on which they had their room. Leah was not an exception, she was way lazy than Jake was. So eventually, they decided to walk to the mall.

Oh, the irony!

None of the two fools would travel up to their room even when they didn’t have to climb the stairs but decided to walk all the way up to the mall?

Fools.

It was a thirty minutes walk to the nearest mall from the hotel they were settled at the instant, yet they decide to walk.

Okay.

Ten minutes into the walk, they were totally comfortable with one another. Her hand enclosed in the warmth of his. Their hearts filled with a warm feeling not exactly known to them, yet, they had some idea.

Their hands were cozy into each others, like they were a perfect fit but even though if it was, Jake knew better. He knew there was no us in the future. And that was the sole reason he kept holding back. Heck, he wasn’t even sure if it was what he thought it was.

Leah was stuck in the same as Jake. She didn’t know if what she felt was love or just another attraction. Jake was pretty much stuck in the same terms. The only difference was that, Jake believed there was no future to this relationship even if it started.

She could be his love interest maybe for just a while or she might just be a good attraction for him. Just a fling. Either way, he wasn’t going to endanger her life just because he was attracted.

“Being friends. That’s what was the best for both of them,” thought Jake.

Around five minutes later, he two seemed even more comfortable, just like you might say people already fallen for each other. Leah’s head was resting in the crook of his neck, on his strong shoulders. Jake’s head rested on top of Leah’s, not totally, but slightly so he wouldn’t hurt her in anyway. She was snuggled into him, as the winter helped them into the posture.

Their hands still intertwined, as glued together, hadn’t left since they held onto each other. If only, they clenched, with the winter wind around them. The cold never bother them anymore, as if, they could survive with the warmth radiating from the other.

Twenty minutes passed, leaving to walk a ten minute walk to still walk. They were getting tired since both of them felt quite a bit lazy when they started, but they never bothered abandoning their half embrace. They were loving it.