CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: There Is Usually A Top Notch Link Between Bars and Hospitals.

Leah Simpson

I pushed open the swinging glass doors of the place. The Chill’s bar. It was way too spacious. It looked Porsche and it was in full swing. I could tell, it was one of the bars in the town that were open like, twenty four seven, three hundred and sixty five days a year, three hundred and sixty six if a leap year. Ha! Rare, isn’t it?

The place was quite heighted and was full of fresh and old teenagers which also proves my second official doubt in my head, absolutely accurate and that is that it gave away alcohol without checking ID’s. That’s probably the very reason for most of the population is of fresh teens here.

I looked around the place. As I said it was crowded and not much of the place was available to eyes, just mostly people. The laser lights were flicking over people on the dance floor that was certainly overly crowded. It was midnight, wouldn’t expect it to be empty, would I? That would be just calling myself stupid. Right?

As they say teens are people with raging hormones.

Every corner of the room that my eyes glanced upon, there was at least one couple making out, totally sucking onto each other. And it felt gross to witness it. Boy! Really raging hormones, I must say.

I glanced round’ the room in a futile attempt to find Jake. When I couldn’t, I looked up the map in my phone. Yeah, it’s the correct location. Then where was he? Well, the place was pretty crowded and I wouldn’t really be surprised if I couldn’t find him any moment soon. The place was buzzing with people. Crowded would be just an understatement.

By now my legs were pretty much aching from all the trip. If it wasn’t for Jake, I would have probably been sound asleep on that divided queen sized bed. Though it was divided, it offered much space to one to sleep in different postures.

I lowered myself on the couch that I could put my eyes on. I shifted uncomfortably in my space, pushing myself on the mere edge of the couch, trying to ignore the couple making out on the other side of the couch. C’mon people, get a room!

“So, you managed to get out of the washroom?”

My breath hitched and it felt like he could make me wanna scream. I could hardly breathe. I could feel his warm breath fanning my neck, as he whispered his soft, comforting voice into my ear. I quickly snapped my head to confirm if it really was him or was I just hearing things.

My eyes caught a pure cute, adorable and smart as hell man and yes, it was Jake. He looked irresistible, as always. Seeing him, sent down a relaxed feel in my body. Thank god! I found him!

I rolled my eyes trying not to show the stop happiness in my voice for finally seeing him in the midst of this buzzing crowd. “Yeah, you missed a pretty good free show back there.” I said, sarcasm laced with my tone.

He shook his head. “No, I didn’t!” he said.

“Yeah, right!” I retorted, sarcasm dripping from my words, again. Okay now, sarcasm’s going overload here.

“Red cheeks, I’m serious.” He said, his eyes, the way they looked, I feared if what he was saying was true. No, it couldn’t be! He wasn’t there. But, what if he was? Hiding somewhere? No! He couldn’t see me naked! I mean he could, but he wouldn’t, he shouldn’t!

“W-What do you mean?” my voice came out a pure shutter.

“Nothing.” He said resting both his elbows on the drinks counter, his eyes straight ahead on the crowd on the dance floor.