CHAPTER SIXTEEN: When Want To Drain Yourself Out Of Energy, Go Shopping!

Leah Simpson

My muscles relaxed as the warm water crawled down my skin all over my body. I wouldn’t regret to say, this day was a fricking damn hell of a tiring day. It was also a first for, I had seen Jake yell at me. Me? Actually it was really the first time ever saw him yell at anybody. And of course, to my devils own luck, that anybody had to be me.

I don’t know but something tricks me into him. He hardly enjoys life. He never opens up to anybody and sometime that could really piss people off. I mean, yeah, it really pisses me off. Whenever I ask him anything about him or his past. He’d switch topic at the very instant. He would talk about anything- and when I say anything it literally means anything, in his case-even at the lamest topics possible.

I ran both my hands through my totally soaked wet hair.

C’mon baby, we can hit the lights,

Make the wrongs turn right,

We can smash the club,

Make the pop go rock…       

I sang along with the beat as the song played on my playlist. Suddenly I realized, there was no sound from the other side of the door. Jake can’t be this silent! There has to be the sound of the TV or something, anything!

I turned off the shower and extended to grab a towel from the hanger. I couldn’t find any. I panicked. Of course I couldn’t go out there in front of him naked! Okay I could, but of course I wouldn’t! And then I remembered, I had left it on the bed, we were fighting for. The argument which I obviously didn’t win. My bad!

“Jake!?” I called out to him. He didn’t answer. “Would you hand me a towel?”

No response.

“Please?” I added later.

Nope. No response.

I didn’t do anything to get him angry, did I? Oh, grow some senses Leah! You’ve been fighting, arguing and undoubtedly been pissing him off since like…from the start of this trip. Hell, I’m pretty sure he’s regretting this drive.

“Pretty please?” I asked.

Again no response. No even…anything. Silence.

“Okay, look I know what you’re doing here. Just hand me a towel and we can talk about this.”

Nope! Why in the frickin’ hell wasn’t he saying anything?

“Pretty please with icing on the top. Hand me the towel.” I said. I was practically begging now. Couldn’t he hear it in my voice?

Still nothing!

“Okay Jake, you better stop on the silent treatment!” I yelled at the door. Of course he knew it was directed to him.

Oh C’mon! Even now he wouldn’t say a thing?

“Okay! I admit, I screwed up!” I confessed, banging my fist on the door. “Now hand the damn thing to me!”

Not a sound. Honestly? What did he exactly want me to say?

I took a deep breath and exhaled, bracing myself for what I was going to say further. “Look, I know you can’t see me but trust me, I’m begging in here.” I stated. “And I’ll do anything thing you want just hand me a towel, pretty please with icing and a cherry on the top.”

“Sorry” I added seconds later.

Now this had to get me a towel from him. I apologized. And that’s saying just too much. I waited for his response. Seconds passed while I stood there, tapping my foot on the floor waiting for a knock on the door to get my towel.