CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: Riddled Literature And Hell.

Kill.

-Verb—to deprive of life in any manner; cause the death; slay.

He killed her. That was all that was running inside her head. The word killed ran through her head, as though that was the only vocabulary she had.

“I killed her,” Jake had confessed. Ella hadn’t known how to react. She was scared, yes. She showed it, Hell No!

Jake had looked up from his knees to look at her, how had she taken one of his deepest and darkest secrets. His like had turned into an open book in the last few days. His secrets had been thrown in the open like the birds in the sky.

It had made him weak in too many ways possible. His secrets, right in front of one’s eye, was one of his biggest degrades.

Ella had pursed her lips into a thin line as soon as the words had sunk in. her eyes were void of any emotions. Not knowing how to feel, to react, what to say she had gotten to her feet and walked out.

Jake had stared at his girlfriend’s retreating figure, convincing himself that it was bound to happen. He would be lying if he said he didn’t doubt his decision of letting himself fall for Ella after he had stopped himself from dong the same for Leah.

No, he did not regretted it, he had his best days with that woman, but losing it all, the way Ella had walked out on him, had been his breaking point. Just when he had thought nothing could’ve gone wrong, everything did go wrong.

He had been dissing himself all the while since Ella had walked out on him. My fault. My fault. My fucking fault!

His eyes had lost its glimmer, his body had lost the will to move, his mind, racing with thoughts of Ella, starting at the wall, replying all the moments, that would only reside as memories now.

That once he was happy and how he had managed to screw it. Clearance does not always make thing good and lives happy—sometimes, it makes them painful, worse and unhappy.

Her hands enclosed in the warmth of the thick fabric of her jacket. The warmth radiating though the jacket, was something she had always expected from Jake. Her mind racing with different synonyms of kill.

No matter how much she tried to expand her vocabulary of the word kill, she couldn’t find one meaning that referred to something that didn’t mention death, destruction or deprivation of life.

Her mind was contemplating what to do, she had nothing up until now. When the words had sunk into realization, she had stood up and walked out, her mind not thinking straight. She had to get away and think. And that was she did.

She had grabbed a jacket, ignoring the fact that the jacket belonged to Jake, she had walked out the front door, out on the street. It had been hours since that.

She didn’t know where she was, but she had walked the entire route to wherever. Here she was, on some street, at past midnight. Lost.

Her heart pounded, her mind scared. She had never been in such a situation, never been lost when she didn’t even know how far she is from home. Right now, she regretted ever walking out on him. Tears welled up in her eyes, her heart totally freaked out. Who wouldn’t?

Controlling herself—her fear, she built up the courage to move and walked another bit until she felt another presence. She took a sharp turn and looked around, the street was bare, but the alleys were darkened, she wouldn’t know if some was hiding out there.

Her irises moving to and fro, searching for the presence she had felt, she couldn’t find any. She walked again, but froze when the feeling came back. Her feet remained rooted, arms slinging by her side, also frozen.