Chapter 43 - Spralbert (Spot x Race x Albert) - Part 2 -

- Chapter 43 - When All is Said and Done... -
Warnings: Just fluff and love confusion lol
Modern AU
Third Person POV

A/N, that is Sadie when she sat in between my mom and I while we were playing cards, so we put the pillow we were using on top of her (no, we didn't hurt her. We'd never). That's while we were waring over 4s (which I won).

Race sits down, water bottle in his hands as he drank from it.

Elmer and JoJo had decorated and gotten each of the boys their own water bottle for Christmas two years before.

Race's was a teal blue color, and it had a stickers of packs of cards, candy-canes, lollipops, his favorite math problems (like 'X is Greater than the Value of Y), a strand of a gene, and some other stuff stuck all over it.

Race really liked his.

It also had his name up top; Antonio 'Racetrack' Higgins.

Albert sits down next to him. "That's really cool." He comments, gesturing to the water bottle.

Race smiles, putting the cap back on. "Thanks. El and Jo made us each our own personalized ones for Christmas two years ago." He informs him. "Or, bought us one in colors and personalized it." He reiterates.

Albert chuckles, nodding.

"You're pretty good." Race tells Albert, before immediately feeling his face heat up.

I shouldn't have done that.

I'm so dumb

And awkward.

Really awkward...

Albert's face heated up a bit as well.

Thankfully for them, it was hot and their faces were already red from the heat, so neither could tell that the other was blushing.

"Thanks." Albert shoots him a small smile. "You're pretty good yourself." He responds.

Race brushes it off. "Nah." He scoffs. "The boys are much better."

Before Albert could respond, they heard someone shout.

"Quit talking bad about yourself, Racer, and take the darn compliment!" It was Boots. "Or else I'll let Crutchie give you the talk about self care again!" He threatens.

"No thanks!" Race responds, shivering a bit at the thought.

Albert raises an eyebrow at him.

"Crutchie gives us a talk on self care if we talk bad about ourselves." Race puffs out his cheeks a bit, embarrassed. "I've had it so many times I've lost count," he mutters.

Albert chuckles a bit. "Don't talk bad about yourself." He tells him.

Race rolls his eyes.

Miss Hannah comes out with watermelon.

Watermelon was the only thing all of the boys liked.