Chapter 89 - Almer (Albert x Elmer)

- Chapter 89 - Pride Month Surprises and Cupids' Schemes -
Warnings: Nothing bad (: just tons of fluffy fluff
Modern AU
Third Person POV

Albert loved his roommate.

And by loved, he didn't just mean as a friend/brother.

It had been that way for a while, but hormones, feelings, and all that other fun stuff said "Oh... you should fall for him."

And not just off of his bed.

They decided he should fall, not just down the stairs, but off of a cliff of pinning for Elmer.

Elmer Kaspzrak.

That was his roommate's name.

Elmer had darker brown hair, pale skin, brown eyes that looked like chocolate, a smile that melted Albert's heart, freckles all over his face that looked like chocolate chips-

Yeah, you get it.

Albert does too.

Because he's been pinning for this boy for over a year, since they moved into their shared dorm.

Albert slams his head down on the table in front of him.

Race looks up from his phone, taking the lollipop out of his mouth. "Someone's whipped for Elmer." He comments, before sticking the lollipop back in his mouth and looking back at his phone.

He was sat in one of the chairs in his dorm, his legs propped up on his bookcase as he leaned back and scrolled through Pinterest.

Albert groans. "As if you aren't for someone as well." He shoots back, lifting his head up to look at the blonde boy.

Race's cheeks redden. "No." He answers quietly.

He heard a click.

Race looks at his best friend.

Albert turns his phone to face him. "Not that I couldn't figure this out on my own- I'm lazy- but Spot, Jack, Davey, Elmer, Crutchie, Mush, Specs-" he stops when there was another ding, looking back at the phone for a moment, before back up at Race. "And now Knobs and Romeo, who are apparently together right now, say you're lying."

Race reaches over and smacks him in the back of the head with his hat. "I hate you." He mutters, leaning back again. "Did you tell them what I said?"

Albert shakes his head. "Even though we all know you're Gay for Spot Conlon- except maybe oblivious Mike and maybe Mr. Conlon himself- though that one is a long shot- I wasn't going to out you like that." He responds. "Especially not to your crush."

"Ain't Gay for Spot Conlon." Race grumbles, propping his feet up on the bookcase again. "But thanks." He whispers.

Albert rolls his eyes, looking over at him. "So you're Pan for Spot Conlon?" He asks.

Race takes the lollipop out of his mouth again. "Is that how that works?" He asks, his eyes squinted skeptically.

Albert shrugs. "I'd ask Romeo that question." He responds.