Chapter 12 - Heather

I haven't talked to Demi since what happened. That was just over a week ago. Her concert is tomorrow.

She is still blowing up my phone, along with everyone else because I've basically gone MIA.

I just laid on my couch every day, and started to rewatch Greys Anatomy. I was going to watch Glee because it's my comfort show, but I couldn't bring myself to considering Demi was a guest star and it would hurt too much.

Once again, I heard my phone begin to blow up. I turned it over to see texts from Demi.

Demi🦋: Jade it's been over a week.

Demi🦋: please let me come over. I just want to see you.

Demi🦋: Jade, please.

As much as I hate to admit it, I missed her so much. We talked every day. This whole ignoring me is killing me. I couldn't help but give in.

Me: fine. Door will be open.

Demi🦋: thank you. Be there soon.

I sighed to myself and went to my door and unlocked it. I felt myself getting anxious, but my arm was too raw for me to scratch it.

I checked my phone when I got a notification on Twitter.

"Is Demi Lovato dating Ashley Benson? Pics of the two were captured yesterday afternoon while at a restaurant together looking pretty friendly!"

I felt the tears in my eyes start to form again, and tossed my phone to the other couch. I sat on the couch that was facing away from the door, and grabbed my ukulele.

Sometimes playing calms me down, so I goofed around for a bit. Until a song came into my head that I used to love to play, and it was pretty fitting for my mood.

"Hey Alexa, play Heather any Conan Gray" I heard the music start pretty loud, but I ddint mind. I strummed along with that song and began to sing.

"I still remember, 3rd if December. Me in your sweater. You said it looked better on me than it did you, only if you knew. How much I liked you. But I watched your eyes as she walks by, what a sight for sore eyes. Brighter than the blue sky. Hes got you mesmerized, while I die." Sang, and my voice slightly breaking at the end.

"Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty. You have her your sweater. It's just polyester. But you liked her better. I wish I were heather."

I started to relax while getting into the song.

"Watch as she stands with her, holding your hand
Put your arm 'round her shoulder, now I'm getting colder. But how could I hate her, she's such an angel
But then again, kinda wish she were dead as she walks by. What a sight for sore eyes. Shes got you mesmerized... while I die. Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty. You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester but you like her better. I wish I were heather.

As I sang the rest of the song, I felt calm. Until I heard a voice.

"I didn't know you could play." Demi said sitting on the stool by my counter.

"How long have you been there?" I asked, a little scared. "Long enough." She smiled.

"Why did you choose that one?" She asked, moving to sit next to me. I scoffed and gave her a look. "Like you don't know." I said dryly.

Demi looked at me confused. "I can't say that I do?"

I opened my phone to the notification I had gotten before she got here, and handed her the phone. Demi laughed while reading it and I furrowed my eye brows.

"Yeah we're looking friendly because we're just friends. Jesus Christ people are insane" she said handing my phone back. After hearing that, I felt little bad for my dry remark. But before I could apologize, Demi spoke.

"Can you play me something?" She asked quietly. I nodded my head. "Sure. I have a song idea".

As soon as I started to play, I saw Demi's face change. She knew exactly what song I was about to start singing.

"I've lost ten pounds in two weeks. 'Cause I told me I shouldn't eat. I gained a new vice, way more than twice I've slept on bathroom floors. I've lost my temper and locked in my fingers. Looking for answers there aren't really answers for

And I've been to hell and back. But this isn't that

'Cause when you say nothing, It's much worse than things I've overcome and This hurts harder than my time in heaven You don't think I see, the way you don't look at me

Turned off the TV, I closed the windows. So tell me what's on your mind that makes you so selective
I'm not afraid of natural disasters, but I'm so scared if I undress that you won't love me after

And I've been to hell and back, but this isn't that

'Cause when you say nothing, It's much worse than things I've overcome and this hurts harder than my time in heaven. You don't think I see the way
youu don't look at me the way you don't look at me
The way you don't look at me

Yeah, I've been to hell and back
But this isn't that. As a matter of fact. As a matter of fact. Cause when you say nothing It's much worse than things I've overcome and This hurts harder than my time in heaven. You don't think I see the way You don't look at me"

I finished the song and I looked at Demi who I don't think has looked away the entire song, and I saw a single tear fall down.

"Jade, I thought a lot and-" she started but I interrupted. "Look, I know you had no clue about my past and I shouldn't have just blown up on you like that. Yes what happened hurt like a bitch, but it wasn't entirely on you. I should've been honest. And im sorry for that."

She shook her head and moved closer to me. "You don't have to apologize. I should have read the signs and not have led you on. I'm sorry." I nodded my head and felt a single tear fall down my face. Demi saw, and wiped it with her thumb. I closed my eyes instantly at the touch of her skin.

"Jade?" She asked. "Yeah?" I asked looking at her. She looked at me for a second like she was struggling to get the words out, then shook her head. "Um. Do you want to watch Big Mouth?" She asked. I looked at her for a second, because part of me felt like that wasn't what she wanted to say. But I chose to ignore it.

I nodded my head, and moved to the couch that was facing my TV. Demi sat next to me, and grabbed the blanket that was next to her. I position myself so I was laying my head on knee, and I turned on the TV to put on our show.

As my thoughts started to bring back the memories of what happened last week, I felt myself starting to cry again. Demi seemed to notice this and out her hand on my head. "Do you want me to go?" She asked nervously.

I shook my head. "No" is all I said. It was honestly the last thing I wanted. And with that we sat in silence. I felt myself start to doze off, and before I did I heard Demi speak.

"Are you still coming tomorrow?" She asked softly. I sighed and took a deep breath. "Of course I am." I told her. And with that, I fell asleep.

-

Hi I know this was a short chapter, the next one will be better I promise!