Chapter 22 - What's That Supposed To Mean?

It's been two months since Demi and I got back from Chicago and we couldn't be happier. We did what Demi promised and got me a lizard. I chose a bearded dragon, and named him Nubs because his tail was short.

"Babe, just hold him." I told Demi and held Nubs out towards her. Demi shook her head. "No. Nope nope nope I'm good baby. I'm a dog person. I love fluffy things. Not... that" she said and I pulled Nubs near me and acted offended.

"Did you hear what that mean woman said about you?" I asked Nubs and I saw Demi roll her eyes. "You're ridiculous." She told me. I put Nubs back in his tank and walked towards Demi.

"Yeah but you love me so.." I told her smiling and kissed her lips. Demi smiled into the kiss and then pulled back. "Yeah i do." She said.

Demi and I basically spend almost every day with each other. Wether that's alone or with our friends. Since it was confirmed that there will be a second movie, the script is already being written and rehearsals will start next month, leading me to be very busy.

Demi is also going to start touring in a couple weeks too, which don't get me wrong I'm very excited for her, but it's going to kill me to not see her every day.

It's the third Friday of the month, and each time that day rolls around I invite my friends and cast mates over for a party. I took the liberty of also inviting this girl named Alex who is now one of our costars for the movie. I've met her a few times and she seems really sweet but she doesn't know many people yet. So Bethany and I decided it would be good to invite her. 

I looked over at the time and it was about 4:30. I had a little bit before I need to start getting ready, so I grabbed my ukulele and turned on some music to play.

"I never thought that You would be the one to hold my heart. But you came around And you knocked me off the ground from the start. You put your arms around me And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go. You put your arms around me and I'm home. How many times will let you me change my mind and turn around I can't decide if I'll let you save my life or if I'll drown. I hope that you see right through my walls. I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling. I'll never let a love get so close. You put your arms around me and I'm home."

This song always made my think of Demi. Because before her I'd never let anyone hold me, metaphorically or physically. But she just had this wash of making me feel safe, ever since I met her. I knew that if I were to fall, no matter where she is or what she's doing, she'd be catching me.

"I tried my best to never let you in to see the truth
And I've never opened up. I've never truly loved 'till you put your arms around me. And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go. I hope that you see right through my walls. I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling. I'll never let a love get so close. You put your arms around me and I'm home. You put your arms around me and I'm home"

After I finished the song, I felt arms wrap around me and I jumped. Turning around I see the woman of my dreams, with a tear in her eye. "That was beautiful" she said and leaned in for a passionate kiss. After I pulled away I smiled and looked at her. "You're beautiful." I told her and I saw her blush.

"When did you get here?" I asked her. Demi shrugged her shoulders. "Couple of minutes ago." She said and sat down next to me, interlacing our fingers and resting her head on my shoulder. "This is the second time you've walked into my apartment to me playing." I giggled. Demi did the same and planted a soft kiss on my shoulder. "We gotta get ready baby." She told me and I groaned.

"What's the matter with you?" Demi asked chuckling. "I don't wanna" I whined. Demi rolled her eyes and got in front of me. "You love these parties." She said, sitting on my lap so both of her legs were on either side.