The Birthday Surprise (part one)

May 3rd, 2017

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO VICTOIRE!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!"

By the end, almost the whole great hall was singing along. Fred and Dominique leading everyone, while Victoire had her head in her hands completely embarrassed by her cousins. Teddy was standing there singing along, softy, in awe of how beautiful she looks. Her long blond hair had soft curls and they were all at the Ravenclaw table singing during breakfast. It was tradition to sing or rather scream the birthday song during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Obviously, it would have been disrespectful yesterday, so her birthday is celebrated today.

"I'm sorry," Teddy mouthed to her as she finally looked up, cheeks red.

"You guys are not doing this for lunch or dinner," she told her cousins, as everyone else returned to their seats.

"Oh yes, we bloody are!" Fred and Roxanne replied in unison.

Teddy walked Victoire to Potions and went to Herbology. They had made plans for the afternoon because the evening was booked with the rest of the cousins.

***

"Tell me where we are going, Lupin," Victoire called from under the blindfold. They both bunked off their afternoon classes to go somewhere.

"You'll see, mon amour!" Teddy continued to guide her through the tunnel.

"My love?" She laughed, "You've been learning French?"

"Oui. Your sister is helping me learn." They made their way to the end of the tunnel and exited a cellar.

"Lupin, I know we are in Honeyduke's cellar, I can smell the chocolate," she laughed, still under a blindfold.

"Okay fine. Here," he took the blindfold off. "We're going to apparate somewhere, hold my arm."

"What? Where are we--," Before Victoire could finish her thought, they both were being sucked into what seemed a tight tunnel, and holding onto each other the finally landed. She stumbled upon landing.

They ended up on the top of a tall cliff overshadowing the entire city of Edinburgh below. From where they were standing, there was only five feet of land before the 823 feet cliff fell straight down. A gust of strong wind flew straight through them. He wrapped his arms around her, protecting, from the strong gust of winds. He took a deep breath and they stood there, silent in the enticing tranquility.

"Wow! Where are we?" Victoire finally asked after another gust of wind flew past them.

"Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh, Scotland," he replied, bewildered. "Gran brought me here once, she and my grandad used to spend evenings together, here. It's even better at night when all the house and street lights are on."

"Is that...a castle?"

"Edinburgh Castle."

Just in the middle of the city stood a big volcanic rock castle. It was perched upon a hillside, with grass growing all around it, 443 feet above sea level, but not nearly reaching the level from where they stood.

"It's beautiful."

"Yes, Magnifique!"

She laughed at him, and they sat on the cliff, carefully, dangling their legs on the edge, looking down at the beautiful Scottish city.

"Let's go, we have reservations at Rhubarb, it's right there," he pointed at some random building, they soon apparated and landed in the back of the building.