The five stages of grief.

Denial

Sam denied if for maybe 4 years, didn't believe it had happened, stayed away from the subject and instead buried himself in Colby... not literally. Well maybe.

Anger

He had lashed out at everyone, driven Elton away from him, made Corey cry, almost beat up Colby and made Jake flip him off. He didn't care, he was just so angry and frustrated at himself for letting it happen.

Bargaining

So he went back to the place where it all began and he pleaded with them, to give him another one, another chance, another trial, another one. They told him to fuck off, to be honest he kinda expected that.

Sarcasm

He had gotten back onto good terms with the boys and they were mates once more but he held a very deep hatred for the topic that every time they talked about it, this rich sarcasm just exploded out of him, landing on whoever spoke.

Acceptance

A month later and he was fine, he accepted that that happened, he couldnt change it and he needed to stop hurting people around him when he realised it.

"That's how your fucking story ended?" Colby Cleary aggravated yelled at Sam as he showed him the draft of his book. "It's about a fucking ice cream cone."

"Yea! No duh? But it's about the five stages of grief."

"Over a fucking ice cream cone?" Colby almost jumped out the window.

"Yea."

"Your fucking nutty."