Sleeping

The house was still in the early hours of Saturday morning, the sound of typing the only noise. And of course, it was Sam, trying to get the video edited before the posting in the afternoon.

"Sam?"

His door opened and Colby walked in half asleep, closing the door, he stood behind Sam as he typed and stifled a yawn as he shuffled to sams bed and flopped down, falling asleep instantly.

"Idiot."

Peering over at the sleeping boy, Sam leaned back and smiled, resting his head on the chairs head.

"I don't know what it is about you. Maybe it's the way nothing else matters when you're near..."

Taking a final look, he turned back to his work and missed the small smile that spread on Colbys face, for a moment before he fell asleep.

-

"Videos going out in five Colby are you ready? Sam shouted over the shower.

"YEAH!"

Hitting the publish button, he leaned back and rubbed his eyes, the little progress mark was making its was successfully across. The shower turned off and Sam sat up straighter in the chair, pretending he wasn't half asleep.

"Is it up?"

"Almost."

Colby nodded and trudged to his room, closing the door, Sam let out a sigh and rubbed his eyes once more.

"Ah ha! You are tired." Colby jumped beside him which made Sam almost fall out of his chair. Holding a hand over his heart, he gave Colby a dirty look before nodding. "Right, get up."

"Huh?"

"Get up. There is no way in hell, I'm letting you get no sleep. Now hurry up."

Sam got up and Colbys hands sat on his waist, guiding him to his bed, despite him being able to walk on his own.

"Now lie down and go to sleep."

"What about the video?"

"It'll be there when you wake up."

Laying down, he rested his head on the pillow and sighed, eyes closing briefly.

"My pillow smells of you." He murmured against the familiar fabric. "It's nice."

Colby flushed slightly as he sat down on the end of his bed, he waited a good ten minutes before getting up.
"Wait, don't go."

Sam grabbed his jumper sleeve and pulled him down towards him. Colby swallowed hard as his face was level with Sams. Twisting slightly, he moved and sat further towards him.

"Yeah."

"No, lie down with me."

Colby hesitated before hovering over the boy and lying down behind him, his head inches from the pillow as he stared at Sams face.

"Just until I fall asleep."

Sam nestled his head into Colbys green jumper and wrapped his arms around his waist. Breathing deeply and tightening his grip as Colby laid his hands on Sams back, one in his hair, gently reaching up and grabbing handfuls, the softest of touches.

"Tell me something."

"Hmm?"

"Tell me something, anything, you're voice helps me sleep."

Colby smiled at that and rested his head on the pillow.

"I could talk to you for hours and never get tired of your voice or your laugh. I could never get tired of seeing you smile. I really could never get tired of you at all."

His hand was stroking Sams head as he spoke, the blonde falling asleep faster and faster.

"You're special to me. You're the only one who I wouldn't mind losing sleep for, the only one who I can never get tired of talking to, and the only one who crosses my mind constantly throughout the day. You're the only one who can make me smile without trying, bring down my mood without the intention to and effect my emotions with every action of yours."

He heard the short puffs of air circulating the room and sighed.

"I cant explain with just words how much you mean to me, but you're the only one I'm afraid of losing and the one I want to keep in my life."

He rested his head on Sams and closed his eyes, the boy was asleep..

"I love you Sam. I really, really love you."