In The Lonely Hours ("TEOP" Part II)

y'all should be getting chemical hearts vibes in the way betty speaks/acts.

TW: mentions of self harm, mention of suicide

Song Credit: "Angeline" by Chase Atlantic (slowed + reverb)

NSFW

"I need you again."

Jughead didn't even get a chance to respond before his phone was buzzing again.

B: I live next to Archie.
B: The one with the red door.

J: ok
J: i'm heading out now

The Jones boy put his phone in his pocket and put on his jacket before walking out of the Southside trailer he called home. His phone buzzed again as he headed off in the direction of Archie's house.

B: Don't come to the door; there's a ladder outside my window on the side of the house.

He chuckled at the fact that even in texting, Betty had correct grammar and punctuation before remembering why.

And suddenly, he was overcome with a wave of melancholy.

But nevertheless, Jughead walked himself to Elm Street with his hands in his pockets and lungs taking in deep breaths. He chuckled when he saw the Andrews' home, realizing how he had spent countless nights there never knowing the broken pacifist of a blonde who was next door.

He approached the Cooper house slowly and looked up, seeing the blonde looking at him through her front window. She pointed to her left and Jughead took the hint, walking to the opposite side of the house

He saw the wooden ladder and moved it to stand beneath her window as she walked over to unlock and slide the frame up. Once he was in, Betty pulled him close and kissed him; eyebrows furrowing in the same way they did the first time.

When they pulled apart, he could tell she had been crying, and he sighed before he meant to. "What?" Betty asked' her voice low but without the energy to be angry. "What happened?" he asked, thumb running across her damp cheek.

She didn't answer his question, only leaning back to his lips with closed eyes. "Touch me," she whispered quietly before turning her head slowly and kissing his neck. She was wearing a sleep shirt and pajama pants, but her hair was still up-- a loose, messy bun.

"Make me forget."

When she stepped back, Jughead couldn't help but pity her; even as she took off her shirt and tossed it to the ground, letting him look over her body. She had scratches down her shoulders and a pained look on her face.

"Betty," the Jones boy sighed while she walked back into his arms. "Tell me you want me," she said softly as if she could start crying silently at any moment. "Say that you want me again." "I do," he whispered, brushing stray hair behind her ear and bringing his lips to her neck.

"I want you, Betty."

The blonde sighed, dipping her head back and gripping one of the boy's arms. Her other hand trailed down his stomach and beneath his zipper. She palmed him gently, making him sigh against her pulse point and letting his body come to life.

His thumbs eased into the waistband of her pants and hers pushed off his jacket, slowly stepping closer to her bed. They pulled away again so Betty could step out of the fabric pooling at her ankles and strip Jughead of his shirt.

His fingers grazed her hips; littered with small, pale bruises and stretch marks.

"I'm sorry I can't look better for you. I thought they would have cleared up by now," she said, watching him as he kneeled down.