Hurt Like A Kiss

soooo, this is pretty similar to "laying kisses on bruises," but, like, with about a quarter of the sadness from "in the lonely hours." hope y'all enjoy!

CW: (non-sexual) impact play

NSFW

It was the strangest thing, Betty realized; being hit made her feel loved.

Of course, that wasn't the only time she felt loved--hugs, kisses, and cuddles were a surefire way to the Cooper woman's heart, but at the same time, so were ropes, cuffs, and strikes; they let her let go of her need for control, to let someone else step in to take care of her.

She and Jughead had been utilizing spanking sexually for years--usually as a punishment for Betty's tendency to slip into brattiness--but every time they did, the blonde felt herself at peace. The pain--while still enjoyable--was all she could think of, blocking out any other thinking.

There was a conflict brewing in the blonde's mind and no matter what solution she tried to create, it always came back to one thing--distraction.

A distraction in which she was bent over her husband's knee, anticipating and wincing at every strike until the time came where she was led to sit up and kissed; being told she was loved and that she had done so well for him.

"What is it, Betts?" the Jones man asked, sitting beside his wife who was cuddled into herself on the couch. Her unfocused eyes were glossy and when she moved them to look at her husband, she noticed how long she must have gone without blinking.

"I think," the blonde paused, clearing her throat and furrowing her eyebrows slightly. "I think I need you to hit me," she answered, waiting nervously for Jughead's response. "What?" he asked after a few seconds of silence.

"What do you mean 'hit' you?" "You know how...when we're playing, sometimes you hit me?" the blonde asked, her eyes unwillingly beginning to line with tears. "Yeah, but what--" "When you do that, it makes me feel better. Not just...not just sexually, but emotionally, too."

"And I don't know why; all I know is that I can only focus on the stinging, and then during aftercare when you make the pain go away, I feel...better. Nothing bothers me anymore," Betty explained to the best of her ability. 

"Well, what's bothering you, baby?" he asked, his arm against the back of the couch as he turned towards his wife. "I don't...I don't wanna talk about it. I don't wanna think about it," she answered through tears.

"Baby, whatever's going through your head, you deserve to feel loved, not punished," the raven-haired man sympathized. "I know and I do!" she cried. "It makes me feel like I'm taken care of. I need to be taken care of right now."

Jughead sighed, his thumb wiping away the tears down her face before he was pulling her closer to kiss her forehead. "You're sure this will help?" he asked. Betty nodded with a sniffle and chimed in, "I'll tell you if it gets to be too much."

"Okay, baby," the Jones man responded in a small sigh, his heart hurting seeing the blonde upset. He moved her to straddle his lap with her head on his shoulder and arms wrapped around his waist like an embrace. 

He kissed her shoulder and smoothed his hand down her back, pausing when he reached the waistline of her leggings. "I love you," he said definitively before lowering his palm and letting it leave her black fabric.

His hand struck her concealed skin and the blonde gasped at the feeling, her eyes closing as she breathed out, "One." "You don't have to count for me, baby," he said gently, his palm soothing over the spot of his strike.

"It gives me something to focus on," Betty replied. Jughead kissed her collarbone and replied, "Okay. Go ahead, then," before striking her on the other side. She jolted slightly, stammering out, "Two," and taking a deep breath afterwards.