The Truest Baby Blue

me: i hate non-pagans celebrating halloween. 😒

also me: *WRiTES THiS WiTH NON-PAGANS CELEBRATiNG HALLOWEEN*

Agere

"All finished," Jughead said, wrapping Betty's hair tie one last time to complete her second pigtail. She smiled as he stood and turned her around by her hips to face the mirror.

"What do you think?"

"I'm Bubbles!" she gleamed happily, admiring the costume the two of them had put together that consisted of a baby blue crop top, a matching skirt, black knee-high socks, and platform shoes that Jughead knew he'd have to help little Betty walk in.

The two--along with Veronica and Cheryl--decided to have a small gathering for Halloween at the Pembrooke, and when costumes were mentioned, they all decided--Jughead agreeing reluctantly--to do a group costume.

And with a blonde, a redhead, and a raven together, the choice was clear:

They were going to be the Powerpuff Girls.

Betty then assigned Jughead the role of Professor Utonium, to which he gave her the response of, "Only for you, Betty Cooper."

Three weeks later, Betty had been watching the 90's cartoon the morning of the party and naturally fell into her little space, meaning she'd need the assistance of her caregiver.

"Yes, yes you are, my little powerpuff," he smiled, his hands on her waist before he was kissing her head and making the blonde giggle. "Are you ready to get your shoes on?" he asked, picking up the black platforms from the ground as Betty replied, "They big."

"I know, bub, but I can carry you if it makes it a little less scary. And they can just be another part of your costume," he offered, letting the girl sit in his lap as he buckled the platform shoes on her.

"Easy, just like that," Jughead advised, helping her to stand as Betty looked down at the shoes that had greatly changed her height. "Carry me," she smiled, reaching her arms to wrap around the back of her boyfriend's neck.

"Okay, baby, ready?" he asked, straightening his back to prepare for her weight. She nodded and he bent down slightly, saying, "Okay, jump!" The blonde giggled as she jumped into his arms, getting showered with kisses as he walked the two of them out to the car.

Betty hummed to herself and played with her hair as she sat with one hand holding Jughead's over the center console. "Remember, bub, don't eat too much candy or your tummy might hurt." Betty huffed with a small whine, replying, "Okay."

Once they got to the Pembrooke, Jughead carried the giggling, blue-clad blonde on his back as they walked into the apartment, showing up on Veronica's door and saying, "Hold on tight," before moving his hand from Betty's leg to the door, knocking.

Cheryl, dressed in her Blossom attire with an outrageously large bow answered with a smile, seeing the couple and welcoming them in. "Somebody got really in-character," he said before easing the blonde down onto the couch.

"What do you mean?" Cheryl asked before Betty was waving slightly, saying, "Hi, Cherie." The redhead knew Betty only called her that when she was regressed, making her smile and gush, "Baby Bubbles!"

Veronica came out from down the hallway, clad in an outfit identical to the other girls', only this one in emerald green. "Yay! You made it!" She said, seeing Jughead in his lab coat first and smiling.

"Where's our third Powerpuff?" she asked, making Betty shoot up from Cheryl's arms and say, "I here!" "Yes, you are!" Veronica replied happily, reducing her voice to the way she spoke to little Betty.

"Which means we can take pictures!" The Lodge woman suggested as she and Cheryl stood up. "Here, I brought my camera," Jughead said, getting it out of the bag with a few of Betty's things in it.

"I will take the pictures, I will not be in the pictures," Jughead clarified as the three stood against a wall to pose. "Oh, c'mon!" Cheryl refuted, fitting herself between the other women. "I will make sure you are in at least one picture before you leave tonight," Veronica swore.

Jughead looked through his lens, but pulled the camera down, saying, "You know what, we'd get better lighting outside." Just like that, the four were heading out to one of the Pembrooke's balconies and getting into position.

Jughead took three pictures before Betty started giggling, and on the next flash, she raised her arm and opened her lips in a laugh. The other three laughed, too, when they saw her and Jughead sat chuckling at the picture of his screen as it printed out of the bottom.

After a few more, they all headed back inside and Jughead left the photos to develop alongside his camera. "Betty, I have a surprise for you, but you have to close your eyes, okay?" Veronica asked, looking over at the girl on the couch.

"Okay," Betty answered in her baby voice, closing her eyes before feeling a weight on her legs. She opened her eyes to the biggest bowl of candy she'd ever seen, and her pupils almost popped right out of her head.

She started digging through the bowl, making the wrappers rustle and catch Jughead's attention. "Remember what I told you, sweetheart," he reminded gently before coming over to sit beside his girl.

"You said not too much," the blonde said before finding a Jolly Rancher and unwrapping it. "That's right," he said before kissing her cheek.

The time went by of the four friends just hanging out and talking, Betty managing to contain herself when Jughead told her she'd had enough candy for now. He'd noticed her clicking her tongue in her mouth quietly, which was usually a cue that she was stimming.

"I brought some things for you, do you want them?" he asked, letting the blonde nod to respond before he got up to grab her baby blue blankie and pacifier--given he didn't want them to clash with her costume.

As soon as she saw her pacifier, she smiled and reached for it, placing it between her lips and smiling as Jughead draped her blanket over her. "Aww, aren't you just adorable?" Veronica asked, sitting beside the blonde and moving her pigtails from under the blanket.

She got up as Jughead situated his girl, cuddling up to help quell her fidgety-ness, which eventually led to her closing her eyes with a smile and finding comfort in Jughead's embrace. He closed his eyes as well and silence sat for a minute until a bright flash caught his attention.

When the two opened their eyes, they saw Veronica standing with Jughead's camera as a picture had started printing out. Betty giggled as Veronica pulled the photo from the slip, remarking, "Yep, I was right."

"Finally got you in a picture."