The Sun Or The Moon

i watched 5x19 and now i want to ✨kms✨! enjoy this; it'll be two parts. 👀🤭

Light or dark.

Flowers or diamonds.

Day or Night.

The dove or the raven.

Betty or Veronica.

Jughead had to choose.

He had caught feelings for both girls and had been trying his best to decide which one he was supposed to be with; Betty, the sweet, gentle embodiment of perfection and innocence, or Veronica, the driven,  chic personification of danger and enigma.

It's not like they were making it easy on him.

"Hey," the blonde said in that sweet voice of hers, her shoulder leaning on the locker next to Jughead's as she clutched her textbooks close to her chest. "I'm sorry I didn't respond last night, I fell asleep."

Jughead chuckled as he took out his own textbooks, replying, "That's fine, Betts. I'm sure you were exhausted after the rush at the Blue & Gold." She nodded with a smile and a drawn-out, "Yeah, it was a lot."

"But, I'm hoping you have some good news," Betty said, her eyes hopeful and hands clasped together in front of her. "No, Betts, I still haven't decided," Jughead sighed with a small smile. "And that's perfectly fine, no pressure," the blonde replied.

"And I promise, no matter who's better for you, I'll still be your friend," she added as they started walking to class with their arms linked together. "Yeah, you better be," he replied, making the blonde laugh with a small lunch.

At lunch, Veronica found the Jones boy in the Blue & Gold room where he usually ate and set a takeout bag from Pop's on the desk. "Figured you'd want something not from the school cafeteria," she explained before sitting herself on the edge of the desk.

"Oh, and here's this," she added, handing him coffee in a paper cup. "Wow, coffee and a burger. You get me," Jughead smiled, taking the cup and taking a sip. "I think B etty might need a coffee more than me, honestly. She was up late."

"That's not good," Veronica replied, opening her own takeout bag of fries. "How's she been?" "She's been good. Just, you know, a bit...impatient." "Her and I both," Veronica chuckled before asking, "And speaking of that--"

"I still don't know, Ronnie," Jughead answered before the question had even been asked. "Fair enough," she replied with a smile. "I promise, I'll tell you both when I think everything through," the Jones boy said, reaching his hand out to lay over the back of Veronica's.

"I know you will. But until then, we'll be waiting."

Veronica left the room after saying she "had another errand to run before lunch was over," and Jughead barely questioned it; he knew she was always out and about. The funny thing was when he was walking to class thirty minutes later, passing Betty in the hallway.

She had a coffee from Pop's in her hand and he noticed, asking, "Where'd you get that?" "Veronica," Betty replied with a smile before walking off. He chuckled because he knew even with their current situation, those girls refused to dislike each other.

The question of who to choose was all that was on Jughead's mind; now and in the weeks prior. He knew relationships weren't a game, meant to entertain when he was bored, a bother Betty and Veronica deserved better than flipping a coin or Rock, Paper, Scissors.

"Dude, just pick whoever you like better," Archie said, taking a bite of his pizza. "Wow, Arch, why didn't I think of that," Jughead responded with a sarcastic eye roll. "That's exactly the problem. I like them both equally, just in different ways."

"Okay, who're you happiest to see every day?" Archie asked, pulling out a notepad and pen from the drawer he was standing in front of. He made a 'T' chart and scribbled 'B' and 'V' on both sides before Jughead was answering.

"Well, I love it when Betty comes by my locker in the mornings or walks with me to school." Archie put a tally under 'B' and Jughead began elaborating, "But I also love when Veronica tries sneaking up on me even though I can already smell her perfume."

Archie sighed and put a tally under 'V' before asking, "Who makes you laugh more?" "I can joke around with Ronnie about classic movies all day," Jughead answered, and the ginger put a tally under 'V' again.

"But I can joke with Betty about books all day."

Another tally under 'B.'

"Who are you most proud of?" Archie asked, looking up from the notepad. "Betty; she's always working so hard," the Jones boy answered before taking a bite of his pizza. "But--" he started to say, making the Andrews boy groan.

"Veronica's been staying really strong through all the stuff with her dad. It's not easy to move to a completely new town." Once again, both girls got a line under their initials. "Okay, and now for the tie-breaker," Archie paused.

"Who would you rather wanna...you know...sleep with?"

"I mean, Betty's bed looks insanely comfortable--" "Jug," Archie interrupted before adjusting his stance and the Jones boy pieced together what he meant. "Oh, you mean like...well, I...I don't know," he answered.

"Betty's real sweet, you know? She'd probably blush, and giggle, and whisper 'I love you,' the whole time." "Is that a good thing?" Archie asked, his pen hovering over the 'B' column. Jughead nodded.

"But Veronica...she'd probably step on my back in stilettos and I'd thank her."

"Well, Jug, the data shows," the Andrews boy paused, holding up the notepad with an equal amount of points given to each girl. "That you're screwed." "I could've told you that without a chart, Arch," Jughead replied, his signature sardonic grin on his face before his phone chimed.

He looked at the screen and smiled when he read Veronica's name at the top of the message. "Come to my family's pool house if you're free," she had sent him, followed by the address. "You know what, Arch, I gotta go," he said, starting to stand from his kitchen stool.

"Which one is it? Betty or Veronica?" he asked with a small smirk. "Veronica," he replied, grabbing his coat before going upstairs to grab a pair of swim trunks. "Watch out for that stiletto," the ginger called out.

Jughead only rolled his eyes.

He'd have more than the stiletto to deal with once he got to the Lodge's poolhouse.