All The Love In The World

after twenty-eight months, always & forever comes to a close. thank you guys for all the support and join me at the end of the chapter for info about my new oneshot book <3 enjoy!!

Song Credit: "Matilda" by Harry Styles

"She's so perfect, Jug," Betty whispered, the brightest smile she's ever had mustered on her lips as she looked down at her one-day-old newborn. "She gets that from her mom," Jughead whispered back, sitting in the rocking chair across from their bed before standing up and making quiet steps along the off-white carpet.

"And if I remember correctly, you're supposed to sleep when the baby does." He kneeled beside the bed, laying his folded arms on top of the mattress. "I know, I know," she whispered back, a bit of a chuckle in her voice.

"I just wanna sit here and admire her. She's got your eyes," Betty smiled. "And your hair," Jughead replied, taking note of the light, wispy blonde strands that decorated his daughter's head.

"Little Ophie," she whispered, a tear falling from the crease of her eye. The two had agreed to name the baby 'Ophelia'; an homage to their love for literature and the Jones' lineage of strangely formal names.

"You're my favorite little star," Betty said, her fingertips gently adjusting the hem of the baby's swaddle. Jughead watched his two girls with all the love in the world and he was absolutely sure that if it were possible, his pupils would form hearts.

"You're so loved already. Inherently," Betty said sweetly, another tear falling down as she looked at daughter; proud was far too tame a word. "By me, and your dad. And Aunt Veronica and Uncle Archie," she smiled.

"And you will never have to be alone in this world, I promise you that, Ophie." "Truer words have never been spoken," Jughead agreed, his palm finding its way to the back of Betty's hand. "How're you feeling, Betts?" he asked, laying his cheek on his arm.

"Still sore," she answered, "There's not as much pressure as before, though, just...achy." "Do you need anything?" Jughead asked with his thumb gliding back and forth on the back of her hand. "Just some water," she whispered, "I can't take my meds for another hour."

"Okay, angels, I'll be right back," Jughead smiled, standing up slowly and leaning over to kiss the top of his wife's head, his hand smoothing back her hair. He was incredibly gentle when he placed a kiss on Ophelia's head as well, relieved when she hadn't woken up prematurely.

He left the room quietly and Betty smiled, looking back down at the silent baby. "You're my favorite girl in the whole wide world," she smiled. "And I promise you'll never have to question if you're loved. Because you are. You're so loved," she cried.

Betty's eyes closed for just a second before she was prying them open again, begrudgingly. The blonde yawned, turning her head away from the baby and closing her eyes for a second more. She had to fight the urge to fall asleep with Ophelia in her arms, grateful that she had been easy through the night with not needing much other than to be fed and changed a few hours apart.

Jughead was the first up both times, being a light sleeper anyway and knowing his wife needed the sleep--she had been restless for nine months too many. Jughead came back with Betty's hospital-issued water bottle filled with ice water and handed it to her, smiling.

"Let me know if you want any of that postpartum tea, too, I can always get you a glass," he offered before looking down and noticing her heavy eyes, brushing his hand against the side of her face gently, smiling when she lulled into it sleepily.

"I'll take her, baby, you get some sleep." "You sure? I can...hold her a...little longer," she replied between yawns, her arms raising as Jughead took the baby in his arms. "I'm positive, Betts. You'll get to see her for the rest of your life," he replied, looking down at the sleeping girl before his wife.

"Are you warm enough? Cool enough? Do you need anything else?" he whispered, slightly swaying the baby. "I'm perfect, Jug. I love you," she said, pulling the blankets up a bit more and laying back, wincing with the sharp pains that shot through her abdomen.

"I love you too, angel," he smiled, starting to slowly walk out of the room with Ophelia held securely in his arms. He left the door cracked open behind him, just in case Betty needed anything else and had to call out to him.

The couch was calling his name and so he brought Ophelia over to it, sitting down and letting her swaddled form lay in his lap as he supported her head. "Hey, kid," he whispered. "I know your mom got some bonding time with you, so it's my turn now."

Ophelia's body was so small and light, and Jughead was simply in awe at the fact; how someone so tiny and fragile could grow into someone as tall and smart as him or Betty--so full of thought, and emotion, and opinion.

"I was so scared when I found out you were gonna be here," he admitted. "No one knows that. Not even your mama. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to be the right father. The father you need."

The Jones man felt tears start to well in his eyes, looking down at his daughter. He realized his world had now expanded, fitting Betty and the love of their lives. "Truth be told, I...I don't know what a good dad is."

"I didn't have one. And your mom didn't really have one either. But I guess, in some way...that's how I know what not to be," he spoke softly, his lips rolling in as he took a deep breath. "You will never have to be afraid of me, Ophie. I promise."

"I'll do everything I can to keep you safe, and happy, and healthy. You'll never know the pain of a broken family because you'll never have one," Jughead added, determined with all his might to give Ophelia the life he never could.

"When you get older, your mom'll teach you how to read, and I'll teach you how to write. She'll teach you how'ta fix up old cars and I'll help you learn how to ride a motorcycle. And no matter what you wanna do, who you wanna be, you'll have our unconditional love."

"So how's all that sound, kid?" Jughead asked, crying with a smile. Ophelia's eyes stayed closed and didn't move a muscle, only letting out a small breath louder than usual and Jughead chuckled softly.

"I'll take that as a yes."

and that's a wrap! at 336,841 words total, always & forever has been maxed out! despite a dwindling audience and the show being on its last season, i've decided to make a third oneshot book called high school sweethearts that'll be posted on april 18th at no time in particular. thank you for the outpour of support on these oneshots and i'll see you guys in high school sweethearts!