Bearing The Wrong Name

to all my trans, enby, and other non-conforming salty angels: YOU ARE ALL SO VALID AND I LOVE YOU. this one's for y'all 🥺. i love you! enjoy!

"Hey, Dad, can I talk to you?" Ben asked as Jughead walked past his door. "Yeah, sure. What's goin' on?" he asked as he came in, spinning Ben's desk chair around and sitting down. "I've been feeling kinda different and I just...felt like I should tell you." "Okay," Jughead replied, his arms crossed on the back of the chair in front of him.

"I really don't know how to say it," Ben sighed, fingers fidgeting while the words struggled to come. "Hey, it's okay
Whatever you want to tell me, or need to tell me, it's okay. I'm here for you, Ben," Jughead said, putting his hand on top of Ben's. "That's it, Dad. That's what's wrong."

"What do you mean?" Jughead asked, his eyes furrowing as he took his hand back. "I don't feel like 'Ben' anymore," Ben admitted, heart beating quickly as the moment of truth came closer. "Well, what do you feel like?" Jughead asked with a small chuckle, trying to get a smile. "Like...Like Samantha," Samantha confessed, watching with fear as her dad's eyes widened. "Okay, hey, it's okay," he said softly, bringing Samantha into a hug, making sure she knew how much she was loved.

"Hey, Betty? Betts, come here," he called out, prompting Betty to come from the home office into the room. "Hey, what's going on?" she asked, her arm on the door frame as she stepped in. "Look at our daughter," Jughead said, standing up and putting a hand on Samantha's back. A slightly confused look on Betty's face turned into a smile as Jughead said, "This is our daughter, Samantha."

Samantha took a deep breath in as Betty remained quiet until her words broke the silence.

"Hi, Samantha."