From Home | DoTae

|| SHORT STORY || FROM HOME || KIM DOYOUNG || LEE TAEYONG ||

THIRD PERSON'S POV

It was already late in the evening when the doorbell rang and it caused Doyoung to wake up. He groaned in annoyance and look at his digital clock. He lazily walk his way to the door. When he open the door, he was met by silence. He ruffles his hair in annoyance.

" kids " he mumbled, he was about to close the door when he heard a cry. He look at his feet and what shocked him was a baby in the basket. He picked the baby up and look at the hallway.

" hey there... " Doyoung said to the baby. The baby just gurgled at him. Which cause him to smile, he then rummaged inside the basket and finds a letter. He put the baby back in the basket and reads the letter.

Dear Mr.

I'm sorry for knocking at your door this late, I just want you to take care of my daughter Athena Jane. I can't take care of her, not just because I don't love her. I just need to do this because my parents won't be happy about this. Please take care of her and her birthday is on January 24 and she's already 3 months old.

P. S. I'LL NEVER GET HER BACK. PLEASE DO TELL MY DAUGHTER SOMEDAY THAT HER MOTHER LOVES HER SO MUCH AND I'M SORRY.

SINCERELY YOURS,
Athena Jane's mother

a few months later

DOYOUNG'S POV

That very day my world change because of this little angel. I was snapped at my thoughts when I hear her running in the hallway followed by casper our golden retriever puppy.

" daaddddddyyyy" she squealed and hugs my feet while laughing.

" hey baby... Hey casper..." I chuckled at how cute my baby is and patted Casper's head.

" How's my angel doing? " I asked, she giggles and raise her hands. I picked her up and she snuggles her head in my neck.

" I'm ok daddy. Daddy can we go visit my Uncle Gong today? " She asks in her cute voice.

" Of course....there excited to see you but before we go we should change you first.. " I smiled and she squeals in excitement, I then brought her to the room to change.

After we finished, I then started putting om her clothes and smiled at her outfit which is a cute pink dress. I then carried her in my arms and we went to ny car and drove to my older brother's home. I rang the doorbell and Hyung opened with a big smile.

"Ohhh look who is here to visit us... " he smiled which makes Athena giggles.

" Uncle GONG!! " She said and squirmed in my arms I then put her in Hyung's awaiting arms.

" Let's go play with your cousin Athena. " Hyung happily said and Athena nodded her head and Hyung's wife and children spends their whole weekend playing and chasing around the house with my little angel. I watched them happily and I didn't notice GongMyung hyung sat beside me and handed me water in which I accepted it.

" You ok ? " He worriedly asked me. I smiled and nodded sadly. " You're starting to work soon. Are you fine with taking care of Athena alone? " He asks me. I groaned at the thought that I'm gonna leave Athena.

" I don't know.... I can't leave Athena alone at home and if I bring her in the company it's fine with me but what if .... "

" What if something goes wrong? " He continued I just nodded my head in reply. He patted my back and I suddenly thought of something.