I'll Be There | MarkMin

Part 1 || SHORT STORY || I'LL BE THERE || NA JAEMIN || MARK LEE ||

a/n

Hope you'll enjoy this one hehe. It maybe a bit same from the drama. Almost.

Next part will be posted soon hehe. Still working on the draft hehe.

nakamotoyumi2 ✨

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Inside the doctor's lounge there inside the bed's quarter was Na Jaemin who was fast asleep but the sound of blaring phone can be heard above his bunk. Jaemin groans and kick the bunk above which caused the owner to groaned too.

" Yah! Answer your phone! It's noisy." Jaemin said to Renjun who was fast asleep. Jaemin sighed and answered the phone and gasped at the caller ID he hit Renjun with the pillow and that cause him to wake up.

"Hey! That hurts! Alright. I'll answer this damn phone! Stop throwing pillows to me Na Jaemin." I looked at the screen and smirked.

" Yah! Evil is calling. Bet your gonna be scolded. " He said and smiled. He lay back down in the bed and heard Renjun cursed and answered the phone.

" Hello sir?..... Jaemin?... He is here sir?.... Okay sir. " Jaemin instantly sat up when he heard his name and he accidentally hit his head in the bed post he massaged it and looks at Renjun glaring at him.

" His been calling you yet you aren't answering. Bet your the one who's gonna be scolded nana. " Renjun smiled and laid back down again. Jaemin cursed in his head and dashes out of the room.

While running he fixed his self and the people he pass by were looking at him weirdly. He reached to the nurse's desk panting.

" Is there any emergency?" He curiously asked the caller.

" Sir? There aren't any emergencies yet sir. " The nurse on the station answered.

" Huh? Is Mr. Moon not having any surgery this time ? " He asked again.

" Not yet sir. " Ths nurse answered him shyly.

" Jaemin hyung, Mr. Moon needs you in his office right now. " said Chenle the youngest head nurse in the department.

"For what purpose?"

"I don't know. Just go there for you to be able to find out."

" Thanks Chenle. " Jaemin shouted and took off running again. He stopped at the elevator but curses again when he saw the elevator full.

" I have no choice but to use the stairs. Gosh I hope I'm not getting scolded. " He mumbled to himself and run his way to the emergency stairs. He finally arrived at the floor where the director is. He inhaled first and fix his self again and knock the door. He heard the director said come in and he went inside and smiled bow his head.

" Yes Mr. Moon ? Is there any problem?" He politely asked as he went in without sitting.

" Hello Jaemin. No there's none. I just want to ask you something. Are you perhaps related to the creator of this manga ? " The director curiously asked in surprising tone.

" Pardon sir ? "

" I'm just really curious with the sequel of the famous manga Kick It, entitled I'll Be There. " Jaemin laughed and Mr Moon looked at him with raised brows.

" I really don't know what your talking about sir but I'll try to ask my papa about it. Is that it sir ?"

" If he happens to explain I'll let you perform on the next surgery. " Mr. Moon smiled. Jaemin widened his eyes.

" R-really sir? " Mr. Moon nodded his head. " Now off you go. I'll see you around Mr. Na. " He dismissed the young surgeon. Jaemin smiled and nodded his head. When he was outside the office he jumps up and down and excitingly grabs his phone to contact his papa.

" This would be my biggest break. " He said while waiting for his papa to pick up the call.
He frowns when his papa didn't answers, he tried contacting Hendery the secretary and also his papa's graphic editor.

Hey Hendery, where is papa ? I've been calling him already. Is he busy at the moment ?

Uhm sir. His been missing for a while now.

What ?! Where are you right now ? I'm coming right over.

We are here at his studio sir.

He then cut the call and hurriedly drove to his papa's studio. He arrived a few minutes later and went out of the car he was greeted by Hendery by the gate.

" How many hours does my papa gone missing ? " He asks while they walk their way inside.

" About an hour already sir. Last night he was working on the ending of the manga and I went inside his room if he wanted coffee. When I went back though he was gone. We didn't even hear the door opened we searched for him everywhere though. His wallet and car keys are still here. " He explains.

We arrived in my papa's room and Jaemin sighed at the place. It was scattered with papers and he scrunched his face when he smells nicotine inside. He walked towards his papa's table and tried to switch the computer.

" did my papa told you why he would end the manga ? " He asked while examining the files in the table.

" No sir. He didn't mentioned anything. " He just hummed " can you leave me for a second. And if dad doesn't arrive yet call the police. " Hendery nodded his head and went out.

Jaemin continued staring at his papa's work and he stops at a framed picture at his table. He grabs it and sadly smiled. The picture inside was the two of them it was his graduation day. The day he finally became a Surgeon. There were both smiling. He put back the frame and he notice something weird happening that he can't name. It makes him nervous.

His eyes widened when he feels someone grabbing his coat, he looks at his back and saw a bloody hand that was clutching his back tightly. He was about to scream for Hendery but he was drag inside.