Part 1

"Where did Ava go? She just walked off?" Dakota said got up from the table with Ace following behind her.

"well she didn't look that happy after talking to Paul. Maybe she just needs sometime to herself, I mean Gene just told her that Paul was going to propose to her last night before he ended it with her." Ace said as they both got into the elevator to go back to their room.

"well how about we split up then. You go back to the hotel room and see if you can find her and I'll go see if I can find Paul." Dakota said just as the elevator opened up onto their floor and they both walked in the opposite direction.

It didn't take Dakota long before she got to Gene's room. She knocked on the door and then leaned her head against the door hearing someone walking around the hotel room. She knocked on the door again and heard footsteps approaching the door and leaned away from the door as it opened revealing a sickly looking Paul.

"Paul are you ok?" Dakota said as she walked into the hotel room and closed the door behind her and then looked at Paul who stumbled back and landed on the bed.

"I take that as a no." Dakota said as she quickly went to sit next to Paul and felt his head and then really saw what was causing this as she looked down at his neck and saw marks starting to appear as her eyes went white as she touched Paul, as she saw a vision.

"Screw you! I'm staying and I'm going to set things right with Paul right now!" Ava said as she pulled her hand away from Jonathan's and started running in the opposite direction.

"fine, we can do this the hard way, if you want it done that way" Jonathan said as he sped up to Ava and stopped right in front of her.

Ava couldn't stop fast enough and bumped into him. Jonathan effortlessly catches her before she hit the ground and pulls her into a standing position next to him.

"there is another alternative that I didn't think about earlier." Jonathan said as his hands moved from Ava's shoulders up to her face and looked into her eyes.

"You don't have to do this." Ava said as Jonathan's hand caressed her face as tears streamed down her face at the realization of what he was talking about.

"I wish that were true." Jonathan said to Ava as the hand that was touching her face was suddenly around Ava's neck and Ava couldn't react fast enough as he twisted both of his hands around her neck and snapped it as Ava's heart stopped and then Jonathan pulled Ava's protective ring off her finger.

The sound of Paul's voice brought Dakota out of the vision of what happened to Ava as she felt tears streaming down her face.

"Ava, no. she cant be dead." Paul said confirming Dakota's thought that he in fact, saw the vision as well when she touched him.

"your going to be dead too if I don't do something really quick." Dakota said as she start to see the marks on Paul's neck start to darken as she looked down as her hand and slipped the ring off her finger.

"what are you doing? You need that to protect yourself." Paul choked out as he shook his head as Dakota started to try and put the ring on anyone of Paul's fingers that I could fit on.

"trust me, Ava would kill me if you were dead, so might as well take a risk and help my friend out." Dakota said as she put the ring on paul's finger and sighed in relief as she felt Paul finally take a deep breath in.

Paul sat up and looked down at his hand that had the ring on it.

"I know how you feel about this, thank you." Paul said as he looked at Dakota and saw that she was crying again.