Part 31

"Who are you?" Donna asked again for what seemed like the millionth time, as Ava fought her own instinct to groan at her voice, as she heard "Steve" push Donna off into another room.

"What did you say about deja vu?" Ava asked in a mocking tone, as she heard Gene groan.

"If this is one of your messed up family members again, so help me–" Gene started to say but was cut off.

"Move, before I make you move." the fake "Steve" said, as Ava heard Gene shuffle away from the group.

"So, this has happened before?" Eric said suddenly next to Ava, as she jumped in the dark.

"Yes, it did and last time was a close one." Paul said with anger in his voice, either at the situation in the fact that he missed that this fake "steve" had been probably been following him around since he got to New York, or was either directed at Ava, and at this moment Ava wouldn't blame him if it was directed at her.

"I'm sorry." Ava said "this is my fault, this person has to know me in some way." Ava continued not stating the obvious.

"Does he have a gun? 'Cause i didn't really get a good look before the power went out." Bruce asked to the remaining members of the group that were in the room.

"If only it were a gun." Ava thought to herself, as she felt Eric shaking next to her, and Paul sighing.

"A gun would be alot easier for us to all handle, but if we don't even know what this person is capable of, all we know is that this person looks like Steve, so he has shapeshifiting abilities" Paul thought towards Ava, as Ava felt a slight breeze brush her back, as she heard both Bruce and Eric go silent.

"Crap" Ava said just as she felt Paul get closer to her.

"Do you have any idea what his powers are? Could this person be Jonathan?" Paul asked Ava mentally.

"I know his powers, which mainly are stealing powers, but shapeshifting isn't one that's he's really stolen. It's not him, and I don't know who it is." Ava replied mentally, as Paul sighed frustrated.

"So what exactly are we supposed to do?" Paul asked Ava aloud as Ava felt a hand go over her mouth, as she struggled against his grasp, and found that he was stronger than her.

"You can't do anything." "fake Steve" said as he dragged her into the room.

"Don't you think for a second about using your weakening powers on me, or one of them gets it." he whispered into Ava's ear

"He's stronger than me." Ava thought to Paul.

"What are you doing? He's going to hear you." Paul thought back as he followed along with "fake Steve", almost as if in a trance, into the room where everyone else was being held.

"As your cousin uttered a couple years ago 'i think this is going to be fun'" "fake Steve" said with a laugh as he sat Ava down in a chair across from Donna and next to Eric, as he looked at her with scared eyes, but was silent, as Ava stared at the blood that was coming from each of their heads.

Ava looked over to Paul who had a blank stare on his face.

"Sit" "fake steve" said in a flat tone, as Paul sat down in a chair next to Ava.

"You've compelled them all." Ava said realizing what this person had done.

"Of course it's all apart of the game we're going to play, only catch is is that you and Paul are the only ones that will remember a thing." "fake steve" said as he placed his hands on Ava's shoulders and leaned down.

"You've been compelled to, just to let you know." "fake steve" said as his face twisted into an eerie smile.