Part 11

4 months later...

The phone in Luna's house rang, as Luna was cutting up vegetables.

"can someone get that?" Luna shouted knowing that everyone could hear her.

When no response was made as the phone continued to ring she sighed angrily.

"of course I have to get the phone, its not enough that I cook for everyone but oh might as well!" Luna shouted angrily as she picked the phone up off the receiver.

"hello." Luna said as response was immediately on the other end.

"can I please speak to Paul?" the person on the other end asked.

"who is this? How did you get this number?" Luna asked as she had the idea that this was Jonathan.

"Paul gave me this number to call whenever, and I need to talk to him." The voice said gruffly.

"fine, hold on one second." Luna said as she put the phone down on the table and went to walk out to the backyard where everyone was.

"Paul, someone is on the phone. They were asking for you." Luna said as she watched him try and dodge the blows that Dakota was trying to hit him with as he quickly dodged them all.

"ok. I'll be a minute." Paul said as he turned onto the offensive as his eyes darkened as a smirk was plastered on his face. "you ready?" he asked as Dakota simply nodded her head as he tried to connect to Dakota, as Paul went to kick her on the side, and connected with her ribs, as they broke with an audible cracking sound as she went down onto the ground.

"damn Stanley! Seems like yesterday you could barely even protect yourseld and now look at you." Dakota said as she clutched her side in pain as her began to heal.

"you ok?" Paul said as he eyes lightened as he offered her a hand up.

"yep, totally fine. Go with Luna and talk to whomever it is. Not like I can spare with someone else." Dakota said with a smile on her face as she sped over to Steve and took him by surprise as she jumped on his back and pushed him to the ground as everyone started laughing.

"well that's good to know." Paul said with a shake of his head as he walked back into the house with Luna.

"how's dinner coming along?" Paul asked as he opened the door for Luna.

"well, it could be going a lot faster if I had some help." Luna said gesturing to all the veggies that she had next to the cutting board.

"all you had to do was ask." Paul said as he took a zucchini in his hand and quickly chopped it before Luna's eyes and then proceeded to cut up all the veggies that were next to the cutting board.

"showoff." Luna said with a smile as Paul raised an eyebrow at her and laughed as he stepped away from the counter and picked up the phone and answered it as Luna took the veggies and put them in the pot of boiling water.

"hey this is Paul." He said as the other person on the line sighed.

"took you long enough." The voice said as Paul laughed.

"Gene! How are you?" Paul asked innocently

"how do you think I'm doing? You've been gone for over 4 months trying to find Ava. You know how much time that is? How many opprotuniteis for concerts that we missed because of this. I get that you want to find her, but enough is enough, you have to come back." Gene replied angrily.

"are you being serious right now? Your saying that I should stop trying to look for my missing girlfriend that got kidnapped by her crazy ex-husband to come back and show up to concerts?" Paul replied feeling the angry start to boil.

"It's not just me, its our manager too. We've been lying to him, saying that you and Ava are taking some time off but now he wants you to come back, he wants us to record and he wants you to show up by the end of the week or we're done." Gene explained.

"How long have you known about this?" Paul asked in total shock.

"he's been talking about this for a month now." Gene admitted as he continued.

"I know what your going through is hell, but there are other people there too. It's not just you wanting to find her." Hopefully I see you at the end of the week, if you do, come to the loft." Gene said as the line then went dead.

"are you ok?" Luna said as Paul slammed the phone into the receiver.

"no I'm not! I have to show up in New York by the end of the week of our manager is cutting ties with us." Paul said as he nervously started running his fingers through his hair.

"hey calm down! Just go down there, and make your presence known in the band. We have enough people anyway. Just come back when you can." Luna said understand the spot that Paul was in.

"but what if you find her?" Paul said as he looked at Luna with sad eyes.

"we'll call you. You've given us every number of every place you guys go, if we do, we'll call every number." Luna said as she pulled Paul into a hug "trust me, we will find her, even if stupid Jonathan put a cloaking spell on them, we will find her." Luna said reassuringly.

"I sure hope so, I mean all the things on the news? All those dead bodies that could be them." Paul said as he pulled out of the hug.

"and I know you don't wanna leave, but you have a band to get back to. Go take one of the cars in the garage." Luna said as she passed him a set of keys and put them in his hands.

"please go, so that when we get Ava back there will still be a band." Luna said as Paul nodded in response as he walked out of the kitchen and put his duffel over his shoulder and walked to the side of the house and into the garage and put the bag in the back of the car.

"I sure hope I'm making the right decision." Paul said as the garage door opened and he drove out and looked in the rearview mirror back at Luna's house with a pit in his stomach.

"please find her guys." Paul said to himself as he turned on the radio to try and drown out the negative thoughts going through his mind.