Part 22

4 months later...

Dear Diary,

I'm writing in you because, well Jonathan told me that I needed to. I love I'm starting off with the heavy stuff, but it's been a hell of a couple months since I was detoxed of the blood. That process was, well not pleasant at all.

"what are you doing to me?" Ava said horrified as Paul looked down at her with sad eyes.

"we have to. It's the only thing that'll make you, you again." Paul replied as he held her arms down against the table as Dakota tied Ava's arms back with rope.

"thank god Luna spelled these before she went over the cuckoo's nest." Dakota said as Ava tried to move against them and remained unmoved as she struggled against the restraints.

"I'm sorry but you know that this is the only thing that has worked. It's worked before" Dakota said.

"you've had to do this before?" Paul asked as Dakota and Jonathan looked at each other.

"had to do this to both of them, eons ago." Dakota said as Jonathan rolled his eyes.

"you only were able to do it because I wrote the instructions down for the procedure before it happened." Jonathan said as he passed his hand over Ava's face as her eyes rolled in the back of her head as Paul looked down at her worried.

"it's so she won't feel it." Dakota explained as Jonathan took one of the spelled daggers in his hands and cut into Ava's wrists as Dakota passed him slivers of wood that he put into the slits that were on her wrists to prevent them from healing as the blood began to pool on her wrists and fell into the bowls that were resting on the floor.

"so bleeding her is supposed to help?" Paul asked

"it's kind of the only thing that can help" Jonathan said, "luckily it'll take about a day or so for the process to take effect."

I heard everything that they were saying, even if he thought I couldn't feel any pain, I could feel the blood leave my body drip by drip as I felt like I was stuck inside my body. I wanted to scream but couldn't, I felt paralyzed.

"you're sure that she can't feel anything?" Paul asked as I felt his hand along moving a stray hair from my face.

"of course, I'm sure, I had to do this before." Dakota said as I heard her voice on the other side of me as I felt her check the slit in my wrists as she put the splints in further into my wrists.

"I don't like that she hasn't woken up yet." Paul said as he sat next to Ava as she laid in bed not moving.

"it's only been an hour since I removed the splints, but hopefully she's herself again. Because I really don't want her trying to come after me like she did you." Dakota said in a joking tone as she started to laugh which faded when Paul looked up from Ava and glared at her.

"you think her coming after me is funny? She was sick and not in her right mind. Luna was or whatever that was tried to use her to try and kill me Dakota." Paul said in a stern voice as Dakota caught sight of Paul's eyes darkening.

"I'm sorry I thought I would lighten the mode, now I know not to bring any of that up again I'm sorry." Dakota said as she walked out of the room and closed the door behind her.

"god she can be annoying sometimes, how the hell did you put up with her for a year I'll never know" Ava croaked as Paul looked at Ava who was awake and had a small smile on her face.

"ok before I hug you, do you feel the urge to munch on me?" Paul said jokingly as they both laughed, as Paul stood up and hopped into the bed with her.

"I feel fine, normal actually. Which is saying something since a couple of days ago I tried to kill you, which by the way I'm really really sorry about that. If only I had known about Luna I wouldn't have run off with jonathan." Ava said with a frown as she thought about him and what had happened in the hotel room.

"well thanks to him your better, which is all that matters right now." Paul said as he rolled onto his side and held Ava closer to him as Ava smiled into Paul's neck content.

Just when I thought that things were getting back to normal, with me finally feeling like myself again, everything turned again.