Part 18

"no, don't. Please don't" Ava mumbled in her sleep as Luna shook her to wake as her eyes turned white at what she saw in Ava's dream, the details of what Jonathan did to her.

"Ava wake up!" Luna shouted as Ava woke with a gasp as she looked around the room, taking in her surroundings.

"where am I?" Ava asked as she turned to look at Luna

"your in my home your safe now." Luna said as she went to grab her hand as Ava pulled away.

"where's Jonathan?" Ava asked as she got up from the bed as Luna blocked her path.

"he's down in the basement, with Paul." Luna replied with a sad look on her face,

"Ava, I know what happened." Luna said as Ava looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"just because you saw my dream, doesn't mean you know what I went through." Ava said as she tried to push Luna aside to no avail.

"it's night Ava." Luna reminded as Ava rolled her eyes and pushed Luna aside as Luna looked at her shocked.

"you really think that works anymore? I've drank enough blood that that curse no longer holds me back." Ava said as she opened the door to the room and walks out as Luna goes to follow her, but Ava is gone.

"she won't get far." Luna said as she slowly walked down the staircase and saw Ava standing in front of Steve, Cody, Brittany, and Dakota.

"why are they here?" Ava asked Luna as she held eye contact with the three in front of her.

"they are here to help you." Luna said calmly as Ava laughs.

"you think I need help? What I need is to be away from you all." Ava said as she looked at them with black orbs.

"your back? Heard that I was in trouble, so you finally found time to come and stop by." Ava said with a cynical smile at Dakota.

"where is Ace?" Ava said as she shook her head and answered her own question. "ah you think that having him here isn't safe, because of me."

"among other things." Dakota replied flatly

"funny how it takes me to have this little family reunion." Ava said as everyone looked at her uneasily.

"Ava, your sick..." Brittany said as she looked at her with sad eyes.

"where is Jonathan?" Ava said changing the subject as she tried to walk past the three of them, when Cody stopped her.

"Paul is taking care of him right now" Steve replied with an unreadable expression on his face as Ava moved Cody's arm away from her as Steve quickly grabbed ahold of Ava by the waist.

"we can't let you go down there!" Steve shouted as his powers suddenly activated as Ava's eyes rolled back into her head as she slumped in his arms.

"crap..." Steve said as he placed Ava on a nearby couch.

"what are we going to do?" Brittany asked everyone in the room.

"I can't tell you one thing, Paul is exactly where I want to be right now" Luna said as she looked down at her friend's unconscious body as they looked down at the basement as crashing noises came from it.

"I asked you a question, so answer it!" Paul shouted as he came within inches of Jonathan's face, who simply laughed.

"you think I'll give you any answers really?" Jonathan replied as Paul raised a brow at him.

"Of course you will, you're the one that's tied up" Paul said indicating the rope that was around Jonathan's wrists that was currently embedded into the ceiling.

"plus I have ways of getting you to answer my questions." Paul said as his eyes shifted to a dark brown.

"I'm suppose to be afraid of you? Really?" Jonathan said with a laugh as Alpha Paul growled at him.

"you kept me from Ava too long." He replied as he suddenly stabbed Jonathan with a dagger as Jonathan winced at the pain in his shoulder.

"how did you manage to get one of those?" Jonathan asked between deep breaths.

"everyone in the family has one, I just had to ask and they were more than happy to lend me one, since they all despise you." Alpha Paul replied as he glared at Jonathan as he stabbed Jonathan in the gut as Jonathan groaned at the searing pain.

"what did you do to my mate?" Alpha Paul asked as he pulled the dagger out of Jonathan's gut as Jonathan coughed.

"I made her drink until her true self showed." Jonathan said simply as Alpha Paul looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"there's more I know there is but I can't read your thoughts." Alpha Paul said with a growl as he stabbed Jonathan again, this time in the leg as Jonathan screamed.

"we fed on those that we changed, she thought she was killing them but she wasn't, I was building an army." Jonathan admitted as he slumped in his restraints.

"theres something else your telling me." Alpha Paul as he stabbed the dagger into Jonathan's neck and twisted it causing Jonathan to scream into as he moved against his restraints as he finally looked Paul in the eyes.

"she was dreaming about you, I didn't want her to think of you in that way anymore, I wanted her to hate you, so I made her think that it was you on top of her..." Jonathan began as Alpha Paul saw the memory in Jonathan's mind as Paul's eyes turned red as he twisted the blade further into Jonathan's neck and pulled it out as he stabbed Jonathan in the heart as Jonathan gasped as his body started taking on a gray tone as Alpha Paul stepped back and watched as Jonathan's body slowly desiccated as took a couple deep breaths as he looked down at his hands that were covered in Jonathan's blood and were shaking as he tried to get the images of Jonathan on top of Ava out of his head.

"you saw it too." Luna said as Paul exited the basement and looked at her with sad eyes.

"yes" he replied as he saw the confusion that was on everyone else's face, he would fill them in later, all he wanted to do was hold Ava, as he picked Ava's unconscious body from the couch and walked her up the stair and into the room that he was staying in for the time being as he placed her on the bed and closed the door of the room as he crawled into the bed and held Ava.

"I'm so sorry..." Paul said as tears sprang from his eyes and down his face as he kissed the side of Ava's face as he wrapped his arms around her body.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you" Paul said as he looked at Ava's face.

"we'll get you back to normal I promise you" Paul said more to himself as he placed his head on Ava's shoulder and inhaled Ava's scent as he sighed sadly.