Don't leave

Mirai's P.O.V.

I fell asleep while reading that book. I wanted to know more about the poison. I am immune to certain poisons of south. They are capable of making a man paralyzed in less than 2 hours after intake. Suddenly the eunuch announced "The Emperor has summoned consort Zhang", while standing outside of my chamber.

This man always summons me when I am doing something important. Okay I will go quickly and return quickly.
The two maids followed behind me. As I entered his chamber a cold voice echoed in the room "You two maids...leave".

I saw a man sitting on the bed with drowsy eyes. The two maids left immediately. I went close to him and the smell of alcohol became more stronger. It was suffocating. The only thing that I can't endure is alcohol, whether it's taste or smell. It's intake makes me pass out.

I went more closer, and asked, "Your...your Highness...are you alright?".
He suddenly held my hand and pulled me towards him and I fell on his lap. I felt a his hand on the back of my head. He suddenly slide his tongue inside my mouth and started kissing me. What an insolent man! I wanted to bite him for this rude behavior. We broke the kiss. Then he said "I know you felt very lonely that's why you have written a letter to your family. I am sorry for punishing you".

So he was feeling guilty for the thing which happened during this morning.
But drinking wine due to this is very childish. I asked "Your Highness how much have you drank?".
He said "Maybe more than sixteen cups".
I exclaimed "Sixteen! That's too much. Please allow me to bring water".
Hearing this he hugged me tightly "No! Don't leave or they will haunt me", he said.
I was curious about what he was hallucinating about. I asked "What?Who is haunting you?".
He said in a low voice "The souls of the other consorts and concubines and my brothers are haunting me".

This was hallucination but his fear was real. I asked "Did you killed them?".
I knew this was a bad timing but I wanted to know about him as much as I can.

He blinked for three times and said "Yes. When father got to know I can read people's minds he started to fear me. My mother started to hate me. At the age of 8 I discovered that I had psychic abilities. I could move my table with just a blink of eye. I thought that if he favors anyone other than my mother then I might get killed by father. That's why I used my psychic abilities and killed everyone except father. I am sorry that I kept it a secret".

He must have been scared. He just wanted a little affection but no one cared about him and getting to know about his abilities at such a young age made him more frightened. But one thing I realized that he is more dangerous than I thought. I changed the topic. Since he was drunk he wouldn't be able to tell.

I said "Husband...can I call you husband? ".
He said "You earlier asked me if you could call me hubby and called me hubby for even less than two days. Why you always change words".

I remarked "I can't call you hubby in front of those ministers and the word husband really suits you. Really..".

He smiled at me and said "You can".

I informed "So I gotta go. See you tomorrow".

I got up and was ready to go when he back hugged me. He said with a trembling voice "Mirai stay with me I am so sad. I want you to hug me. I missed the expression on your face when you looked at me. Your eyes are like flowers in full blossom. They are as beautiful as the long live stars. They are as bright as the morning sun. I can't help but fall in love with you everytime I see you. But I am scared. If I show you this side of mine will you go away from me? I am scared of being greedy".

His words echoed inside my head. I was so stupid back then to give my love to people who didn't even cared about me. My father, Fu Qian and my sibling who poisoned me. Their care, promises and distance from me, can be the demonstration that they have no love for me. They were using me to get what they want. I was trapped in such a fake satisfaction.

Mirai's past

My elder sister was the illegitimate daughter of my father. That's why she didn't get the title of princess all her lifetime.

As the eldest daughter she was supposed to get married to the king of Cesta.

I knew brother Fu Qian loved my elder sister deeply. 2 years ago when her marriage was announced he drank plenty of wine. I was waiting for him in the rain. I wanted to tell him that I was sorry. He entered his house and was climbing the stairs.

I could smell the alcohol he drank. I thought he had a hard time, I quickly need to apologize.

I asked "Older brother it's hard for you, right? I am sorry".

He didn't replied.

I said "I will work hard to cancel her marriage. I never wanted this".

He replied with disgust "I guess so. It's the decision of His Majesty. Are you saying I am a joke to you as well now?".

He turned towards me and shouted with anger "Piss off! I am not in the mood to see someone like you".

I grabbed his clothes and requested "Brother just a sec..!"

He was furious and shouted "Don't touch me with your dirty hands!".

I was shocked. He pushed me from the stairs and I fell down.

I was so naive. Even at that moment I firmly believed that brother would help me. That he would obviously save me. That he loved me too. Although he never expressed it. Right brother? Since we're family.

But he didn't. I was so foolish. My left hand broke but thanks to the imperial doctor I recovered quickly. I never saw him from that day.

When my marriage got fixed with Zhou Keung I wrote a letter to Fu Qian inside that dark and dusty room where my father locked me up because I tried to refuse it through writing a letter. I requested brother to do something to cancel this marriage. I sent 11 letters but he didn't even sent me a reply.

My father used me to gain power from him using this excuse.

My sister tried to control my mind using that liquid. The main suspect who gave him that liquid was definitely Fu Qian.

I will definitely punish them for what they did.
I wrote this letter to Fu Qian to make sure he is at the southern borders. I am waiting for the right time.

I know he is gathering soldiers to attack Adarlan.
When he will kill father with his two hands then only my hate for father will come to an end.

As for Fu Qian the more he gains the more it will be fun to see him lose.

End of past

All this time I was afraid to repeat the same mistake. I tried all methods to stay away from him. But he is so good. It's nice to be loved and cherished.

He said "I want you to stay". He lifted me and placed me on his huge bed. Then he said "Would you allow me to know about you more?".

I replied "Husband I have no experience. Please be gentle with me".

Next morning when I opened my eyes I saw him lying next to me naked. Seeing me woken up he smirked and said "Was I too rough last night?". He was teasing me again. Last night I passed out because of him. And there was blood strains on the bedsheets.
I said "Forget this. I think there is a spy among the servants. Actually I wrote my cousin a letter to know if he is in the south or not. I will double check it, until then be careful".

He asked "What do you mean?"
I said "I think he wants to rebel against my father and harm you".

He said "That's all".

Before I could finish the eunuch announced "Great Emperor of Wisteria it's time for the morning court".
He quickly wore his clothes and then his shoes and said "I will talk to you later ".
He went to attend it without a word.
I wore my clothes too.

End of P.O.V.