I was poisoned!!

In the battlefield

Zhuo Keung's army started to chase after lou Cheung. Lou Cheung tried lured the army towards the cliff where he planted gun powder. But he ended losing his way and found himself at the edge of the cliff. He fired his signal flame so that the shadow guards will arrive but the 108 shadow guards encountered the army of Adarlan. Most of the guards got killed and some were severely injured  to the extent that they couldn't walk. Blood was everywhere.

Zhou Keung's army captured the  king of Cesta and tied his hands with thick ropes and arrived at the camp. They handcuffed him with iron chains and a iron collar and all those chains were  connected to a big iron sphere. Lou Cheung was so injured and hopeless that  he couldn't even stand up.

The army of Adarlan and Wisteria planned to stay for that night and decided to leave for their destination next day.
************************************

Mirai's P.O.V.

I got to know that our army has won the battle just after 35 days. The army will be arriving today. I wish that his majesty is not injured severely.

As I was drawn to these thoughts I couldn't pay attention to An.
I asked "Sorry I.....what you said earlier?".
An replied "Your Highness the army will return soon. This maid suggests that you should get changed. May I apply makeup?".

I replied with a deep sign "Alright".

I saw my reflection in the mirror and noticed that the color of my eyes has become deeper than what I usually see.
I decided to ask my maid "Can you see any changes in me?".
The maid said "Your Highness I don't see anything".

She must be thinking I am being crazy.  But there is something I need to check. I opened the book named "All kinds of poison" and searched through the book. I saw a part where it's written that after consumption of a potion found in the south one carry out orders of the man who made them drink it. The one who drinks it can't stop thinking about the man who made them consume it. The effect of this potion remains for 60 days.

So I just need to remember what I ate or drank before 60 days. I recollected I  ate some peach buns with my sibling, consort of king of Cesta.

So the only possiblity is that she poisoned me. But why?

I summoned An. She entered my room and reported while bowing "Your Highness, this maid is entering".
  I commanded "Rise. An have I done anything unusual in these 60 days?".
An replied " Your Highness you have done nothing unusual during these 60 days".
I exclaimed "Thank God! Bring me paper and ink. Bring at least 3 papers. When I am done send this letters to my mother, Fu Qian and one to the imperial doctor".

An asked "Your Highness why a letter to the general of Adarlan".

I replied "Just do as I say. Trust me nothing is going to happen. Bring it fast".

An did the same as I told her.  I  finished writing those letters much sooner than I expected. I sent someone to deliver those letters. Word reached the the Emperor of Wisteria that I have sent three letters to Adarlan.

     Soon his majesty arrived. I and An with other maids were waiting at the Phoenix hall.

An suddenly spoke "Your Highness did you see the general? I fell in love at first with the general. General Li is so much good looking ?". She whispered "But I heard he is gay".

I asked "Really? ".

The Emperor came just in time. He spread his hands to each of his sides and the servants immediately came to  remove his armor.

He faced me immediately and ordered  "Follow me".
I followed his order and followed him to his room. He then ordered "Help me change my clothes".
I replied "Yes Your Highness".

He then spoke "You know about your position beside me yet you sent a letter to another man". He pushed me to bed and said "What is the relationship between you and the general".
So words reached him too quickly that I sent a letter to the general. I sighed and replied "He is my cousin. I wrote a letter to know what is happening in the palace. That's it".
He regained his senses and said "It's alright but  you will report to me about your every action afterwards".
I don't know why he is overreacting. It's not like I am having an affair.

He smirked and said "I returned from the battlefields just today but you didn't even gave me a hug and you wrote a letter to another man and lying about the reason".

I was really tired from writing three letters. I replied "You shouldn't be jealous". He was over me and his body  weight wasn't letting me get up from the bed.

He was came closer to nibble my earlobe "I will let you go if you will tell me the reason of writing three letters to Adarlan. I can put you to jail if you are caught cheating. I can even kill you and your father can't do anything about it".

In fear I blurted out  "I didn't cheat. I wrote a letter to him  to know how he is doing ".

He sighed "I guess you need a harsh punishment. You dare to argue with me. Kneel down on the floor  in front of me and  you aren't allowed to get up until I permit you to".

I kneeled down the cold floor until dusk. Soon I felt the cool breeze and fell asleep. I felt someone's warm hands embracing me. I opened my eyes and saw Zhou Keung hugging me.

  He said with a deep sigh "Mirai I am sorry. Even though I read your letter I couldn't stop getting frustrated that you wrote a letter to a man".

I asked "Can I get up now your Highness? "

He said "Yes....get up".

My limbs were numb. I went straight to my room and lied down on my bed.  He read the letter and yet he is asking me why have I wrote a letter to Fu Qian. Thank God that I have not wrote  anything suspicious. As much as I remember  I wrote:

Dear Fu Qian,

                          How are you?  It's been 2 years since we last met. Is madam Xiao doing fine? I am doing fine  here. Congratulations for your victory  in the battlefield. You must be in the south borders by now I mean when the letter will reach. Take care of yourself and madam Xiao .

Yours Sincerely
Mirai

Madam Xiao is always unhealthy after giving birth to Fu Qian and my letters never reach her. They all reach to the second madam that's why I write to Fu Qian.

End of P.O.V.