The attack

Zhou Keung's P.O.V.

I got to know from my spy that father has gone to meet general Li. I searched throughout father's room and found a small box. I ordered them to break it. The box was full of letters and a map of the border of our capital.

I opened each letter one by one. The last letter was written two days ago. They are planning to attack the capital.

I hurriedly went inside Mirai's room to warn her. I mentioned her to remain inside this room no matter what happens. And if something happens then she must go inside the secret passageway.

I know she will be fine. But why my heart is aching?

I divided my soldiers in three group. First group will protect the capital and the palace. Other group will attack the army of General Li and the other will attack the enemy camp where my father is staying.

After two hours of fighting our second group captured the treacherous general.

The third group also captured my father.

He was brought to me.
The soldiers shouted "Behead him! Behead him!".
As soon as I drew the sword he laughed menacingly. He said "See you're killing your own father. You are no different than a monster".
He paused for a second and said "Kill me if you want. I have arranged everything. Your consort will also die today with me".

What! You planned to kill my consort. I have to save her. If I go back will she be still alive? I told her where the secret passageway is. She has to be alright. But what if the secret passageway is no more a secret.

I know it was too late but I need to go. I ordered "Capture him. There's an attack inside the palace. First group come with me. All the other groups stay here".

I hurriedly arrived in the palace. There I saw corpses of my soldiers drenched in blood.

What if Mirai was also killed. I reached her room as fast as I could, but she wasn't there. I turned to the secret passageway and opened its gate. I came downstairs to see my love being stabbed by Fu Qian. And her own personal maid was there too. I have locked her inside. Then how could she come here? I heard her say "How great! Goodbye".

I screamed loudly at her "Mirai!! No!!".
By the time I reached there she has already lost her senses. Her whole body was covered with blood. This happened just because I was late. If I had acted fast none of this would have happened, right?

I asked with a frustrated voice "Why did you do that? She is your cousin".

He said mockingly "I didn't have a choice. If I didn't kill her, Peng Peng would have died".

I was very very angry. I couldn't hold it anymore. I drew my sword and charged against him. Our swords colliding and my sword cut off his sword just like cutting a wooden block.
He fell on his knees because he was exhausted. I will never forgive him.

He said "Please I beg for your mercy. I will definitely come back after giving her the antidote".

I said "How daring you can be, General Fu? You stabbed my consort and now begging for mercy". I swung my sword and behead him along with the maid.

I held her in my arms for the last time. My own family members despised me for my abilities. She was the only person who supported me and cared for me. She even had to sacrifice her life for me. If only I could  go back I would definitely save her.
I cried hard till my head started to hurt.

•••••••°°°°°°○°°○°°The end○°°○°°°°°•••••••

  ***°•°•°•End of season  1•°•°•°***
If you liked the story don't forget to read the second part "My unique emperor part 2"