Good news....

After  10 days

Mirai's P.O.V.

I was feeling so sick. I feel like vomiting as soon as I eat something. I was lying down on my bed. The emperor heard about my serious health condition and ordered the imperial physician to check me.

Soon the imperial physician came along with Zhou Keung. He placed his box full of medicines on the table which was at the corner of the bed. Then took a clean cloth from his box and placed it on my wrist. Then he examined my pulse for a second and then said   "The Imperial Consort is pregnant. I am prescribing some medicines. Your Highness you need to take special care of her and have a healthy diet. I will write down the things which you have to eat and which you have to avoid".

I closed my eyes for a second. I didn't had any idea that I would get pregnant at the first attempt. I was really tired because I threw out whatever I ate during the day.

Zhou Keung was very happy. Almost five days passed by and he was still trying to get proves that the general Li is planning a rebel.

After more 5 days

It was night time. My husband came inside my room, hurriedly and told me with a smile "Mirai, I have found the letters which were written by my father to the general. I am going towards the enemy's camp to stop the attack. General Li will get executed for helping father.
You must stay inside this room. My father has eloped and might attack me soon.
My soldiers are outside of the room. They will protect you. No matter what   sounds you may hear you must stay inside. If anything happens use the secret passageway".

He told me those words and went away. I was inside the room when I heard that sounds of swords colliding with each other. Shouts of  soldiers.

One soldier exclaimed " Oh no!!Imperial Consort Zhang, the attackers are coming inside. You need to get out".
The attackers got inside so fast. No way! There must be someone who helped them.

There's no way to get out of the room so fast, but at that moment I thought about the secret passageway. I turned the head of the statue which was at the right side of the bed and a small door opened. For one second I thought about An. She will be alright. I must save myself first. I ran downstairs and found a man inside the secret passageway.

I asked loudly "Who are you? ".

It was so much dark inside that I couldn't recognize him.

He said "I was waiting for you ".

The man came closer to me. The moonlight hit his face and I was shocked. As soon as I recognized him I asked "Brother?  Why?". My throat became dry.

He replied with a creepy smile "The former emperor said if I will kill you he will give me the antidote. Then I can save Peng Peng".

He paused and said "That's why I want you to die instead of Peng Peng".

I said with disbelief  "What are you saying brother? You are putting her over me...what do you mean 'die' ?".

My heart has been torn by his thorns countless of times.The moment I heard that, everything started  to fall apart.

He said with a aggrieved face, " I don't  have any choice. Peng Peng has a weak body. She won't be able to withstand the pain".

I shouted "Then what about me? Am I not able to get hurt?". With teary eyes and placing a hand on my heart I asked him "It's fine if I die?! I am also brother's little sister you know. But to me...why? I can't...can't continue this anymore". I started crying.

He said while drawing his sword "Don't worry. You will feel death only for a moment! Don't you just need to bear the pain while you're dying? ".

Every word you spat out with those beautiful lips of yours, every single word, how can they be so cold? So cruel you're, even towards me.

I glanced at him and saw An standing behind him. I want to live. If I run back to Zhou Keung he will definitely save me, right?

I shouted, "An hold him for me".
An didn't move. She laughed like a wild person. Loud and non-stop. Then she remarked "Why should I? I am not one of your people".

Fu Qian held the sword towards me and said "An is my spy. You know, I need to get the antidote or she will die".

I felt the severe stinging pain inside my stomach. My own brother stabbed me and said "That's why you need to die in place of your sister".

I saw his expressionless face and dead eyes for the last time.

I heard An exclaiming  "How great! Good bye!".

I was losing my senses. The only sense that I hadn't lost is the power of hearing. I heard heavy footsteps coming from my room.

I heard Zhou Keung scream  "Mirai!!!No!!!!".

I knew my end is near. My brain started to show me the sweet memories which I had spend with my family. I have been doing everything for brother's sake up until now. I used to cover up Peng Peng's sins before. In the end I meant nothing to you all.

End of P.O.V.

          To be continued.............