One

"How was Japan?" Soonyoung asked while driving the car singlehandedly. He took a quick gaze at the guy beside him.

"There's nothing really to talk about that."

Soonyoung chuckles and just nods at his friend. He hadn't seen Wonwoo for four years and so and all he can say is the guy didn't change a bit.

"Why are you the one who fetched me from the airport? Where's mom? Dad?" Wonwoo asks.

"Well, they kind of ask for a favour to take you home. Your dad will be home late and your mom's busy preparing for dinner."

Wonwoo didn't answer. He glances at the car window and admires the familiarity of the place, he's indeed back.

"Anyway, wanna hang out later? Jihoon closes the pub to welcome you."

"Can we just go straight there and skip the dinner at the house?"

---

The whole dining room is silent. Soonyoung is not bothered with it. He's used to it. There's nothing new to him when it comes to Jeon's residence. But aside from that, he can see Wonwoo looking around as if he's looking for something... or someone?

"Dude, looking for Seungkwan?" Soonyoung asks Wonwoo.

Wonwoo flinches and gets back his eyes on his plate. "Are you crazy? Why would I?"

"Looking for Seungkwan? Wonwoo?" the only lady in the room asks. His mom.

"No- well, he should be here, right? Where's the bastard-"

A loud smash of utensil hit the glass table. It was his dad. "Jeon Wonwoo!"

"What? Where's your soon to be son? The great Boo Seungkwan?" Wonwoo didn't budge, his lips turn into a grin that annoys his father.

"Can't we have a peaceful dinner just for tonight?" The only lady in the room cuts the tension. Neither Wonwoo nor his dad dared to speak. She's smiling but both Wonwoo and his father suddenly turn tamed.

Soonyoung glances at the three of them and cackles to lighten up the mood. "Mr. Jeon, Mrs. Jeon. I know it's Wonwoo's first day back here but can I borrow him later?"

Wonwoo's dad stands up from his seat and glances at him. "Jeon Wonwoo." He speaks in his deep authoritative voice. "Starting tomorrow, report to my office."

Wonwoo's eyebrows furrow. "What? Why? I thought I still have a month-"

"I never agreed with your conditions, son."

Wonwoo shuts his mouth close. Trying his best to calm himself.

"Also, you won't be staying here for the meantime. Stay with Seungkwan."

"What?!" Wonwoo couldn't take it anymore. "Dad, no! Fine. I'll work for you but I'm not staying with him."

"I didn't ask you if you want to. I'm just telling you." His dad said before leaving.

Wonwoo grits his teeth and grips on the utensils.

Another silence covered the room before Soonyoung fakes a cough. "Seungkwan left this house as soon as you left for Japan."

Wonwoo didn't bother to speak.

"I ask him to stay but he insisted on leaving." Mrs. Jeon adds. "But he never fails to visit."

Wonwoo scoffs. "Why would you insist on letting him stay here. We're not related in blood."

"He needs a home. Can't you understand-"