Twenty One

Seungkwan wakes up with a dried throat. He sits up from his bed with blinking eyes, still adjusting his sight to the light. He yawns after seconds when he notices that there's no one on the bed beside him.

Where is he?

He stands up while rubbing his eyes and leaves his room. He was a bit surprised to see the television on and an unexpected visitor sitting on the couch.

"Jihoon hyung?" Seungkwan mumbles but Jihoon feels his presence.

"Oh, you're awake."

"Why are you here? Where's Wonwoo hyung?"

Jihoon brings back his eyes on the television before answering. "Work of course. That dipshit called me early in the morning to babysit you."

Seungkwan scratches the back of his neck out of embarrassment. "Sorry, I can handle myself. You're probably busy-"

Jihoon waves his hand, showing that it's fine. "No. I'm not that busy. He called your friend Mingyu first but the guy is not answering him so he called me instead."

"How bothersome," Seungkwan mumbles as he walks to the dining area where the table is containing some breakfast foods. "Did you prepare these..?"

"Nope," Jihoon says. He was quick to shake his head.

Seungkwan sees a torn paper, clipped on the fridge's door with a magnet. It was a note.

Eat the breakfast or I won't pay you this week's salary.

-Wonwoo

"Wow. How threatening." Seungkwan scoffs after reading the small note. He pulls a chair and sits on it. He still doesn't have the appetite but it feels like he needs to finish the food.

"Wonwoo stayed overnight?" Jihoon asks.

"He did." Seungkwan nods as he starts consuming the food on the table. His eyes dart to Jihoon who is not that far away from him. The guy is smirking. "What's with the grin. You look creepy."

Jihoon chuckles and shrugs his shoulder. "Don't you think Wonwoo's getting nice day by day?"

Seungkwan pauses for a while as he thought of it, he was not aware of his cheek turning into a shade of pink. He nods before taking another bite of the omelette. "I guess, he is.. I mean, I'm getting used to it but I like it this way. I'm so tired of arguing with him."

The grin on Jihoon's face turns wider. "Why are you blushing?"

"No-"

Jihoon stands up from the couch and walks towards the dining area. He sits across Seungkwan and his grin never fades. "Remember when you used to like him? I mean, it's not impossible to like him again. He's your first love anyway." The word first love made Jihoon cringe. "Gross."

Seungkwan suddenly turns silent. He puts down his chopsticks on the table and nibbles on his lips, not knowing what to respond. "I don't know, hyung.."

"Are you holding back because of Jun?" Jihoon asks with his head tilting, scanning Seungkwan's reaction. He then turns serious in seconds. "He's our friend but he cheated. Though I can see that he changed but that doesn't erase the fact that he gave you a hard time. Also, you two were done. You don't need his opinion about this."

"Why are we even talking about this..? It's not like Wonwoo and I was getting into something. He's just being nice, that's all.. I don't want to assume anything."

"But it looks like you're slowly falling for it."

"I don't. I can't." Seungkwan mumbles.

"What if he likes you?" Jihoon asks which makes Seungkwan gaze at him.