Twenty Seven

"Why are they here?" Wonwoo asks as he watches Mingyu and two other guys, strangers to his eyes, having fun at Seungkwan's living room.

"What do you mean?"

"Mingyu? And that two others. I don't recall meeting them."

"I forgot we're hanging out today that's why I agreed to have you over," Seungkwan says as he watches his friends as well. He extends his arms and points out the other two guys that Wonwoo isn't familiar with. "And about the other guys, that's Hansol and Seokmin. Hansol, the one on a beanie, is my classmate and Seokmin, the loud guy, is Mingyu's friend."

Wonwoo nods before he notices Mingyu's eyes on him. "Why is Mingyu glaring at me?"

"Don't mind him."

"Yah, Boo Seungkwan. He's the one who fetches you at the university last time, right?" Seokmin asks as he carries a couple of chips to the couch.

Seungkwan nods.

"He's really handsome up close. Oh, God." Seokmin comments.

Hansol laughs and nudges Seokmin on the shoulder. "Dude, you two looks alike."

"Oh my- that's too much compliment."

Seungkwan asks, interfering with the topic."I'm heading out. What do you need me to buy?"

"More drinks?" Hansol says.

"Alright."

Seungkwan enters his room quick and goes out wearing his red hoodie. He left the apartment with only slippers on.

And Wonwoo was left with Mingyu and the other two guys.

"Hey, Jeon Wonwoo," Mingyu calls out on him. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm visiting. Can't I?"

"You're really shameless. How can you act like you didn't make Seungkwan cry?" Mingyu asks, sounding mad. Wonwoo didn't answer as if he doesn't care. He faces his back on Mingyu but the tall guy was quick to grasp his hand. "Don't face your back to me, I'm not yet done talking-"

"Fucking let go." Jeon Wonwoo says with authority in his voice.

Mingyu grits his teeth in defeat and frees Wonwoo's hand. He watches the guy leave the apartment, leaving the other guys speechless.

---

Seungkwan comes back with more drinks but his friends were already wasted. There is Seokmin already sleeping on the floor. Mingyu playing with his phone upside down and Hansol snoring on the couch. He shakes his head as he heads out of his apartment. He wants fresh air and his go-to place is the greenhouse by the rooftop.

As soon as he steps on the cold concrete pavement of the rooftop, he sees a familiar figure near the ledge, puffing a smoke that makes him feel irritated.

"I told you, no smoking here," Seungkwan says while walking towards Wonwoo. "I thought you've gone home."

"Seungkwan.."

"Did Mingyu scold you?" Seungkwan asks with a grin on the corner of his lips.

Wonwoo scoffs as he throws the cigarette on the ground and steps on it.

"I thought so." Seungkwan chuckles.

"He's being overprotective as a friend."

"Because he knows my worth."

Wonwoo was shut silent. He starts having this heavy chest filling him with guilt once again.

"Aren't you going home? I don't think you still have a space left at my place to sleep on." Seungkwan tells him upon recalling how his apartment is a mess.

"I'm sleeping at your bed," Wonwoo answers casually.

"No! I'm using my bed!"

"Then let's sleep together!"

Seungkwan blinks while staring at Wonwoo. It was his turn to get silent.

"I m-mean, we can share your bed..?" Wonwoo was quick to divert the idea.

Seungkwan pauses for a while and shakes his head to wake himself up. He avoids Wonwoo's gaze and fakes a cough. "No. You can use the bed. I'll sleep with them in the living room."

Seungkwan faces his back on Wonwoo and walks ahead, about to leave the rooftop.

"Hey, Seungkwan."

"I'm giving you the bed, what more do you need?" Seungkwan asks, sounding irritated. He faces Wonwoo again. His eyes are somewhat telling him to stay. "Stop looking at me like that.. It's c-confusing me.."

Wonwoo tilts his head."Confusing you for what?"

Seungkwan nibbles on his lower lip. His heart starts pounding hard.

"Wonwoo actually likes you."

Seungkwan takes a deep breath before looking at Wonwoo, eye to eye. "Wonwoo hyung.. do you like me?"

Silence covers them. Seungkwan remains standing, anticipating an answer while Wonwoo suddenly went stiff. He didn't move a bit from his spot. He looks confused as if he doesn't know what to answer or if he was surprised by the random question.

Seungkwan grips on the hem of his hoodie as embarrassment slowly eats him. He bows down his head and mumbles. "Yeah.. Like why would I expect you to answer? That's the dumbest thing to ask."

Seungkwan starts walking ahead, leaving Wonwoo by the rooftop.

"Hey, Seungkwan.." Wonwoo calls him but it was too late because Seungkwan's already out of his sight. He doesn't know what to say nor what to do once he faces Seungkwan once again.

His mind was filled with too many thoughts and he's still confused as hell. Why am I even frustrated right now?