Twenty Four

"You should've checked through the team's report before we proceed. Jeon Wonwoo are you serious with your job?" The old Jeon says, sounding frustrated as he checks on the files of papers on his table.

"I did, Dad-"

"And that's the best you can come up to? How can I leave this company to you if you're this incompetent?" Mr. Jeon says without holding back, not thinking if it may hurt Wonwoo.

Wonwoo's hands turn into fists. He was frustrated. He wanted to prove himself but he doesn't know how to. It just makes him feel small and useless.

"Then go beg Wonsik hyung to come back and stop making it like it's my fault," Wonwoo says, not raising a voice, as he faces his back to his father and walks out of the room.

"Jeon Wonwoo!"

---

Wonwoo enters his unit. He loosens up his necktie and takes off his suit. With frustration still lingering in him, he threw his coat on the floor and hit the wall with his fist. It hurts but the pain in his chest is way more strong. He wants to throw more punches on the innocent wall when he senses a presence behind him. His eyes widen in surprise

"Seungkwan..?"

Seungkwan blinks as he watches Wonwoo slowly compose himself. "A-are you alright?"

Wonwoo fixes his ties and nods at Seungkwan unconsciously. "Oh yes.. I'm sorry. It's.. work. As always." He then makes himself calm as possible. "Why are you here?"

"Cleaning?" Seungkwan answers while gesturing to the vacuum he's been holding.

"I thought you'll stop coming."

"Work is excluded from that.." Seungkwan says almost mumbling.

"Right. I tried calling you but you're not answering. I want to check up on you and I remembered you forgot your phone but I can't find it-"

"No. It's alright. I have it. It's in my pocket that night." Seungkwan answers while faking a laugh.

Wonwoo nods again. "Good then.."

"I'm close to finishing, I'll get this done and I'm off."

"Don't you want to have dinner here? I don't have enough stock in the fridge but I can order-"

"No. I'll leave after this."

"Fuck this work. I haven't done anything right. Damn it." Wonwoo curses while reviewing his schedule for the next day. He tries his best to calm himself but everything keeps on pressuring him. With frustration, he tugs his hair while trying his best to come up with an idea of how to face his father the next day. The messed up meeting that morning still fills his mind. "Fuck. fuck. fuck-"

"Your phone's in the living room. It has been ringing nonstop."

Wonwoo almost jumps from his swivel when Seungkwan speaks. He immediately faces the door to see Seungkwan wearing his backpack.

"Thank you," Wonwoo says as he stands up to reach for his phone.

"Uhm. I'll get going. I'm done with today's work." Seungkwan shows a small smile before facing his back at Wonwoo.

"Wait Seungkwan."

Seungkwan glances at him and Wonwoo suddenly feel his chest pound abnormally.

He blinks as he shakes his head. He wants Seungkwan to stay for some reason but he just can't ask for it. "I tried dropping by at your apartment last night but you're not home. I couldn't call you either because I thought you lost your phone. Mingyu's ignoring my calls too."

"Why? You need something?"

"No. Wonsik hyung. He wants you this weekend for the fitting."

Seungkwan nods. "Alright. I'll be there."

"I can come to pick you up-"

"No. I can manage. Just message me the address and I'll show up."

Wonwoo's jaw clenched. He hates it. He hates Seungkwan's every response but he feels like he can't get mad because it was his fault in the first place.

Seungkwan left, and there's Wonwoo alone again inside his own flat. He finds his way out of his room and the deafening silence greets him. He heads towards the kitchen to grab some water to fill in his thirst. That day is somewhat exhausting. Mentally and physically.

Before he could even reach the fridge, he saw a teapot by the center of the dining table. He didn't remember using those so he reaches for it. The teapot is still warm, Wonwoo can tell that it was a newly made tea. There was also an empty teacup with a small piece of paper under it. He takes it and he felt his chest pound abnormally again as he reads the note.

To calm you down :)
-SK

He didn't notice a tear fell from his eye. It feels like it was just all he needed after going through his worst day. But of all people, why does it have to be Seungkwan?

Wonwoo found himself running out of his apartment until he gets out of the building. Every step he takes, his heart pounds hard. He stops right in front of the entrance hall but there is no sign of Seungkwan. The cold breeze didn't bother him but his chest did. It feels heavy out of guilt.

Wonwoo pants and catch his breath as he slumps on one of the steps of the entrance stairs. Seungkwan is already gone.