Seventeen

"Wonwoo moved out of your apartment?" Jihoon asks as he watches Seungkwan wipe the counter clean.

"Yeah," Seungkwan answers as he halts from cleaning. "It was because Mr. Jeon thinks that Wonwoo's becoming a nuisance to me."

"He is."

Seungkwan was put into silence and he goes back to wiping the counter without another response.

"What? Aren't you happy?" Jihoon asks, a bit surprised with Seungkwan.

"No. It's not like that.. but hyung, he's getting more gentle every day. I can't explain and I don't why it turned out like that." Seungkwan sighs. His mind went floating that he keeps on wiping on the same spot for almost a minute already. "He's always grumpy as always but he's opening up little by little."

A grin forms on the corner of Jihoon's lips. "We don't know. Maybe he's realising something?"

"Huh? Like what?"

Jihoon shrugs as he takes a sip from his glass.

---

"Alright, I'll pick Bookkeu up before I go straight home. I'm only a few steps away." Seungkwan says before ending the call.

He calls Mingyu after his shift knowing that Wonwoo left Bookkeu at the clinic before he moved out. Good thing, Mingyu's on duty at the clinic so he can pick his puppy in an instant.

He reaches the clinic after a few steps and there is Mingyu carrying his white fluffball. The tall guy let the dog reaches the ground and it instantly ran towards Seungkwan with its tail wagging in excitement.

"Bookkeu!" Seungkwan greets his dog as he opens his arms. He carries Bookkeu in an instant and Mingyu walk towards him with crossed arms.

"Wonwoo hyung left him this afternoon. He took Jack with him." Mingyu informs him but then ask.  "So he really left?"

Seungkwan nods while petting his pet who seems to like it.

Mingyu's eyebrow furrows as he looks at Seungkwan with a judging look. "You don't look happy at all. Don't you want this?"

"Why was everyone expecting me to be happy?" Seungkwan complains with a pout but he sighs. "I mean, yeah, nice, I'm alone once again and I can finally lay on my own bed. Why shouldn't I be happy, right? No more stubborn grumpy guy around."

"Bookkeu's a bit gloomy when Wonwoo left him. Probably sad over Jack leaving."

Seungkwan looks at his dog who's comfortably snuggling on his embrace. A bitter smile forms on his lips as he agrees. "Yeah. He looks like it."

---

Seungkwan keeps on petting Bookkeu until they reach the apartment. For some reason, he feels lonely as well for things he can't explain.

With his mind floating, he gets inside his flat and he startles when Bookkeu barks. He lets go of his pet and almost jump from his spot when the puppy run towards a shadow of a guy. "Fuc- Wonwoo hyung?!"

There was a guy who just came out from the room and it was Wonwoo.

"I forgot something. Sorry." Wonwoo mutters as he raises his hand while showing black cords, probably his laptop charger.

Seungkwan calms himself from the surprise and nods. "No. It's alright."

No one talks after that and it turns into an awkward atmosphere. Seungkwan doesn't know what to ask or tell and Wonwoo can't seem to step a foot to leave.

"Uhm. I should get going." Wonwoo initiates.

"Yeah, right. Be safe on your way." Seungkwan responds with a forced smile. "Also, take good care of Jack."

"I will don't worry. I was the one who took him home so I'll take responsibility," Wonwoo says before walking past him and reaches for the door.

Seungkwan notices how his puppy follows Wonwoo. The dog sat and watches Wonwoo wears his shoes. "Bookkeu's sad."

Wonwoo saw the white puppy looking at him as he finishes tying his shoes. "Well, you can come by.. if you want. I mean, so Bookkeu can play with Jack."

"I don't think I have time to visit." Seungkwan answers but then he saw Wonwoo's expression change. He's back to his straight unreadable face that makes Seungkwan feel like he answers wrong.

"Fine."

"Uhm, no! Wait!" Seungkwan grips on Wonwoo's arms before it can even open the door. He instantly let go of the older's hand after realising his sudden action. "I'll come by, alright?" he says, can't look straight into his eyes. "Also, you can call me if you need something-"

"I'm a grown-up, stop acting like mom."

"You're still really mean," Seungkwan says as his forehead knits.

Wonwoo chuckles and he ducks down to pat Bookkeu's head and faces Seungkwan again. "It's getting late, I'll get going." he gave Seungkwan a small smile before facing his back to him and open the door to leave.

"W-wait!" Seungkwan calls him out and Wonwoo looks back in an instant. Seungkwan is carrying Bookkeu into his arms. "Can I walk you down?"

Wonwoo stares at him for a moment before he nods. "If you want to."

Seungkwan carries Bookkeu as he follows Wonwoo out.

The whole walk was silent and Seungkwan was just walking beside Wonwoo who didn't even bother to initiate a talk. They reach the parking in no time and Wonwoo reaches his car. He opens the door but looks at Seungkwan for the last time. "Bye, Seungkwan."

"Yeah, bye," Seungkwan says with a small smile. "Drive safely."

Wonwoo gets inside and drives off immediately. Seungkwan watches until the car is out of sight. With a sigh, he walks back inside the building and heads back to his apartment.

He let go of Bookkeu and throws himself on the couch. The whole place was annoyingly quiet when his phone vibrates. He fishes it out from his pocket and there is a message notification.

From: Wonwoo hyung.

Goodnight. Sleepwell.

Seungkwan stares at his phone for how long until he reads it again just to check if his eyes were not lying to him. He bit his lower lip as he types to reply back.

---

Wonwoo lays on his bed in an instant as soon as he got home. He reaches for his phone from his pocket when he saw Seungkwan's message on the notification. He didn't see that in an instant when his phone was on silent all along.

The message wasn't just one, but two.

From: Seungkwan

Goodnight as well! ^^

From: Seungkwan

Bookkeu and I will visit this weekend. See you! :P

Wonwoo didn't notice the smile forming on his lips. Suddenly, he wanted the weekend to come fast.