We Tried

"Lolo?" Sofi mumbled as she walked out the hallway.

"Sof!" Lauren whispered surprised.

"Where you fighting?"

"What? No, we're not fighting." Lauren chuckled, ruffling the younger Cabello's hair.

"Okay, I heard shouting and I thought you were." Sofia yawned before looking at Lauren.

"Where are you going? Why do you have your bag?" Sofia asked while the raven gave her a soft smile before placing her duffle bag down and holding Sofi in her arms.

"I'm just going home." Lauren smiled.

"Right now? It's still night time." Sofi asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Well yeah, I have to." Lauren said.

"But this is your home too." Sofi said confused, while Lauren gave her a small smile.

"Can we play before you go?" Sofi asked while Lauren bit her lip.

"I...I'm afraid we can't Sof." Lauren whispered.

"How about tomorrow then, when you come back?" Sofia smiled.

"I don't know..." Lauren trailed off as she tried to surpress her emotions.

"You'll come back right?" Sofi asked, while Lauren smiled.

"I'll try to." Lauren whispered.

"Okay, how about when you feel like it." Sofia said positively.

"Lolo will try okay?" Lauren said, while Sofi nodded.

"Where is Kaki?" Sofi asked.

"Kaki..." Lauren bit her lip as she tried to think of something.

"Kaki isn't feeling too good now Sof, she's asleep." Lauren said.

"Then why are you going to leave us if she's not feeling well?" Sofia asked while Lauren closed her eyes.

"Because I might make her feel worst." Lauren said.

"How about this, why don't you sleep with Kaki tonight and look after her for me." Lauren said, while Sofia paused for a while.

"Just tonight?" Sofia asked while Lauren chuckled.

"Always. Promise me you'll look after her always, please?" Lauren asked while Sofia nodded.

"Yes Ma'am." Sofia smiled.

"That's good enough, come here." Lauren smiled as she hugged Sofia.

"I love you Lolo." Sofi smiled and Lauren felt her eyes water.

"I..I love you too, all of you." Lauren smiled.

"I feel sleepy now." Sofi mumbled.

"I'll tuck you to bed." Lauren smiled while Sofia shook her head.

"I wanna sleep with Kaki and watch her until you come back." Sofi smiled before rushing towards where Camila was and opening the door.

"Come back tomorrow okay? This is your and Kaki's house." Sofia smiled while Lauren gave her another smile. Lauren gently glanced at Camila who was sleeping, while Sofi quietly joined her in bed.

Lauren let out a soft smile before closing the door behind her, and wiping her eyes before crouching down and picking her duffle bag again and finally walking away from the bedroom door.

-

"Camila! Sofia! Lauren! We're back!" Sinuhe exclaimed as she entered the household.

"Mami! Papi!" Sofia giggled, running out of the room to hug her parents.