Chapter 27: Redoing Christmas

Tuesday, December 26

I was in the dining room table, having my breakfast and I still felt very tired about last night. Meanwhile, everyone else woke up early and were out, except for me and Uncle H. So, we had to eat breakfast together. His hair was really messy and was wearing a loose white t-shirt and some grey jogging pants.

Heather: "Wait... My mom said you were only staying for a few weeks right?"

Hugo: "Yeah..?"

Heather: "Why are you still here? It's been a month already!"

Hugo: "Wow... I didn't know you want me to leave early..."

Heather: "No! I want you to stay here! As long as you want! Anyway, I'm just wondering what happened?"

Hugo: "Well... My manager postponed my next concert in two months instead of this month... So, I still got time."

Heather: "Wow... My mom's willing to make you stay here as long as you need?"

Hugo: "Yeah. Well, since I love this town, I decided to buy a house here."

Heather: "Cool! I'm glad! Make sure you buy one that has pool so I can swim in it!"

Hugo: "It's already in my list of things I want for my house." *laughs*

Heather: "But, the one in London will always be your primary one, right?"

Hugo: "Yeah, the one I will buy in this town is only for when I'll visit you guys' again."

I took a few more bites from my toast before I could speak again.

Heather: "So... What are you planning on doing today?"

Hugo: "Nah... I'm too tired from yesterday... I need a break. You?

Heather: "Doing what I wanted to do yesterday!"

Hugo: "Friends and boyfriend?"

Heather: "Well, it's only boyfriend today..."

Hugo: "Alright, kiddo."

I finished eating my breakfast and Uncle H insisted on washing both his and my dishes. I found it very odd, since he would usually want to me to do, but I let it slide.

Heather: "At least let me help you by drying them off."

Hugo: "That seems fair."

The sink started running, suds started to form and he started cleaning them up with the dish sponge. After one dish was dried by me, he spoked up.

Hugo: "Tell me... Why you love your boyfriend so much?"

Heather: "Russell?"

Hugo: "Why, you have more boyfriends?"

Heather: "No! I'm not like that at all!"

Hugo: "I know you're not, I was only joking a little... So?"

Heather: "I can't really explain why I do... Words can't describe why and I love him so much. There's the typical, nice, funny and very affectionate. Then there's the unique ones, he tries to understand me, even if he doesn't have a good knowledge on my situation. He watches over me as much as he could, and he's one of the first ones that likes me for the person I am and not for some celebrity..."

There was a silent moment for awhile, me trying to register what I just confessed to my own uncle. I was wondering if what I said was too much or it was just plain corny, so I felt pretty awkward.

Hugo: "That... Was not I was expecting to hear from a thirteen year old girl."

Heather: "I try my best to have a mature mind... Sorry if I said too much-"