Chapter 29: New Year, New Problems (+Special Announcement!)

Thursday, January 1st

OMG, yes! A BRAND NEW YEAR! Just freakin' amazing! Hey! Soon enough, it's my birthday! Well... In a month, but yay! So many possibilities that can happen this year! I'm so excited!

~Living Room~

Heather: "Morning, Mom, Dad, Hugo and Emilia."

I sat on the empty seat on any of our three leather couches and flopped right into it.

Mom (Kate): "Morning sweetie! Happy New Year!"

Dad (Richard): "Yeah, happy new year kiddo!"

Heather: "Thanks."

We were all watching some television, but not the news (thank goodness!), just some random channel.

Heather: "So... Anything specific we're going to do for New Year's Eve?"

Mom (Kate): "We'll have a big and great diner as a family!"

Heather: "Just us, then?"

Dad (Richard): "Yeah."

Heather: "That sounds like a plan!"

Mom (Kate): "Me and your father will be out soon to buy the ingredients we'll need to cook!"

Heather: "Sure! I'll be here waiting."

I went to the kitchen to go grab myself a snack, when Uncle H walked in after me.

Hugo: "Heather?"

Heather: "Yeah?"

His expression was worried, stressed and a 'I don't know what to do!' face.

Hugo: "Heather... You know how much I like Emilia, right?"

Heather: "Of course! What about it?"

He looked down on his feet and started getting all red from embarrassment.

Hugo: "W-When will it be the r-right time to..."

He trailed off for awhile until he finished with...

Hugo: "Ask h-her o-out?"

He looked away from me and looking outside if there's any signs someone will be coming.

Heather: "I get it... New year, new possibilities."

I came closer to him and patted his back amicably.

Heather: "The best time would be... Soon. Y'know, when the stupid craze will go away..."

Hugo: "How about if it will never go away?"

I sighed deeply thinking about it.

Heather: "It will go away, like any celebrity gossip goes... Well, if it doesn't, ask in the right time."

Hugo: "Give an example of good timing."

Heather: "Remember the fireworks that happened in November? That the view was close to this house?"

Hugo: "Yeah?"

Heather: "That's a good one! The beautiful colors launched into the night sky and then you kiss under them..."

Hugo: "I'm asking her out! Not trying to find a perfect place to kiss her!"

Heather: "Yeah, right... She's going to look so adorable when she answers you and you'll be like, 'Omg, she so adorable. I have to smooch her ASAP'"

Hugo: "Not true!"

Heather: "Shut up, you will!"

Someone came in to the kitchen, without us knowing!