Chapter 30: Choices Determines Who We Are

Sunday, January 11

After ten days with my encounter with Ivy, I'm still unsure what to do... Would I risk my identity for someone I just became friends with again or every person for themselves and just hand Alex in to Miss "Celebrity" Preston?

Oh, and by the way, the day after January 1st, Uncle H told me how it went when he told Emilia. Guess what? He didn't even ask her... He said that the fireworks ruined everything and he was being a nervous wreck... So disappointing, I know.

Pretty much I've been avoiding everyone for the past days, but today, I have enough! I have to see someone...
Russell, maybe? I'll text him...

Message to: Russell <3

Me:
Sorry you haven't heard from me for awhile, I didn't wanted to make you worried, I promise. It's just... I have a problem right now and it's stressing me out! I'm just wondering if we can meet up somewhere... Somewhere quiet...

I wanted impatiently for his answer and as always, he answered in an instant.

Russell <3:
Are you okay? What's wrong?

Me:
I would rather say it in person, then in text...

Russell <3:
Sure, where you want us to meet?

Me:
Um... Is it okay if it's your house?

Russell <3:
Bad idea, it's noisy here.

Me:
I never met your family...

Russell <3:
I don't want you to, they're... They're going to hurt you. Like they do to me...

Me:
Russell, don't tell me you're...

Russell <3:
I don't want to talk about it by text.
So, where do we meet?

Me:
Come here... At my house... What you say?

Russell <3:
Sure, I'll be there in a few :)

Me:
Thank you...

Russell <3:
It's okay, it's my responsibility to check on you anyway. It's my job.

Me:
Awwww... Well, yeah, see you in a few :)

I closed my phone and I just lay on my bed until he comes over.

~Few Minutes Later~

There was a knock on my door and I got up to open it.

Russell: "Hey... Your parents let me in."

I held both his hands and kissed him on his cheek to greet him.

Heather: "Come in. Sorry, it seems a bit messy..."

Russell: "It's okay, I don't mind."

We both installed on my bed, and I wrapped my arms on my legs, burying my face on my knees.

Russell: "Ariel, what's wrong?"

Heather: "Russell-- Before we get to that, what do you mean when you said that your family will hurt me?"

Russell: "Ariel-"

Heather: "Answer me!"

He sighed deeply, looking on his feet.