Chapter Twenty-Eight

"There's some cactus right there" Night says keeping an eye on me, why is he being more paranoid that usual? We're not even going that far away, only two hours, One hour if we ran. Although if we ran I'm pretty sure Night would have a heart attack if i ran claiming "I'm shaking the puppies". The bigger I grow the more paranoid he gets "maybe we should rest here" Mud suggested glancing at me. "It's going to take longer if we keep stopping" I say slightly annoyed and glancing at the ground. Night sat next to me while Mud scoped ahead "your annoyed?" Night asked with concern in his voice reminding me why i love him. "i just hate feeling useless and since I've been pregnant, i just feel useless" I say with a sigh "your carrying pups" Night says as if I needed a reminder. "I know, I'm just being emotional" I tell him, I probably am just being hormonal. I know when i give birth to my sweet puppies i wont be so useless. "Did you guys hear that Grace is expecting pups too?" Mud says walking up to us "and the coast is clear"

"Is she really? I didn't know she was mated" I say shocked, Night smiled knowing his pack was growing and that we'll have more then just one set of pups. "How far along is she?" I asked excited for grace and excited that i wouldn't be the only pregnant one. "I wonder how many she's going to have" I asked again with a smile "I wonder how many we're going to have" Night says standing up and brushing against my slightly swollen stomach.

"Mom!" I shouted just as soon as her head popped out from behind the trees, when she walked out from behind the trees she had two little puppies standing just below her. They must have been 7 weeks old "thank god, I was hoping to see you today." My mother says running up to me with the small puppies following behind her, she licked my ears as she began washing my head with her tongue. "These puppies belonged to a dog from my neighbors house, her owners have been over breeding her and she is unable to take care of so many. I was hoping maybe you could help me find homes for them or maybe watch over them. There was another dog in the area who had just had puppies as well and has been feeding them secretly but her owners don't know about them." My mother explains looking at the pups "I'm to old to be raising puppies again" my mother says glancing at my stomach and then at Night. I glanced at Night who nodded his head letting me know that he would be alright with it if that is what i chose. I laid on the floor to be closer to the pups who looked pretty frightened, they were being transported to a puppy life to a wolf life. Is that what they would want? Would they survive like me? They seemed smallish, maybe a border collie mixed with another dog. "Do you want to live in the woods?" I asked the pups "I'll guide and protect you if that is what you choose" they both seemed a little scared but so was I when i first came to the forest. "Yes" one says.
The black and white male and female puppies walked closer to me and allowed me to sniff them "your pregnant" the female says looking at me with joy, all fear removed from her face and replaced with excitement. "I am, I'm pretty excited to meet them. This is my Mate Night" I say standing up and pointing my nose towards the black wolf.

The family reunion with my mother was cut short as the puppies began walking in front of me and Night, Mud of course was in front of all of us making sure the coast was clear. When we returned we walked the puppies right up to our cave and allowed them to sniff around the place "it smells dead in here" the Male puppy says looking at me. "That is what a dead rabbit smells like, sometimes Night forgets to bring his bones to the bone pile. "Bones?" "I want a bone" they both said getting excited, I smirked pointing my nose i the direction and letting them taste a wild bone.
I lay looking at the puppies before glancing at my stomach the cute puppies that were growing in my stomach were growing and i was excited to meet them. "Ready to choose a name?" I asked the puppies, they both smiled and walked towards me before sitting down. Night walked through the cave and sat next to me "I want to be named Rain!" The female says looking at me, I smiled before licking the top of her head "and you little pup?" Night says lowering his head down towards the small puppy  "Storm"

THE END
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will be writing a second book that will put Rain and Storm as the main characters I hope you guys enjoyed The dog who Turned wolf as much as I enjoyed writing it. I'm excited to see how book two turns out!