Chapter nine

The growling creature that was walking towards me started going faster until it was running. I turned fast on my paws and booked it, I couldn't bring it back to camp with me so I would have to lose it or fight it. I shook my head, I can't fight something THAT big! I can barely take Night down let alone a huge creature that's bigger then him! I could feel it gaining on me which made my fur stand up. I could feel my anxiety build up, this was worse then when Charlie was chasing me around the house. At least Charlie didn't kill me like I know this creature is going to.
I growled, if I was going to die anyways, I should at least go down fighting. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around before jumping as high as I could and latching onto it's throat. I used my claws and started scratching until I felt the warm feeling of blood dripping onto my paws.
The creature growled in pain before shaking me off, I landed on my right side, the creature began walking towards me again growling even more aggressively.
I stood up quickly and used the tree to push myself high in the air to land on it's back, I latched onto the side of it's face before letting myself drop from the other side of it's face and breaking it's neck. It fell with a loud thud.

I sat staring at the lifeless body still shaking from fear and adrenaline. I could feel my side hurting where the creature had scratched me, blood was trickling down my side. I sighed before grabbing the back of it's neck and started dragging it, It may have been huge but I still had some adrenaline left enough to drag the thing at least half way if not all the way.
The creature was fat and heavy, and it was not easy to drag but when I finally made it to the entrance of the camp I began barking. I was exhausted from dragging something so big and heavy.
Alpha and Night who were probably arguing yet again came running towards me "what the hell happened!" Alpha growled while Night sat staring at the creature.

"This huge creature started chasing me, I was running at first but it wouldn't leave me alone. I figured if I was going to die I should die fighting. Turned out I'm pretty good at fighting." I say trying to be as humorous as I could but I was way to tired.
"You killed this bear? You?" Night says staring at me and then at the creature he called a bear. "And then you dragged it all the way here?" I shrugged "yeah, I had an adrenaline rush. I used a tree to jump on it's back and snapped it's neck using my body as an anchor"
They both just sat staring at me, was it really that hard to believe? I wasn't as skinny as I was when I first got here, I was almost at a Healthy weight.
Maybe fighting a huge bear was shocking, hell even I was shocked. A little dog fought a huge bear, that's shocking!

"Let's go get you cleaned up" a female voice says from behind the boys, I looked up to see Teal walking towards me. I nodded my head walking past Alpha and Night and walking towards Teal.
"So much for that bath" she says with amusement, I couldn't help but laugh as well. "Apparently I'm just meant to be dirty" she began licking the blood off my side before using cobwebs from the corner of the cave to cover it up like gauze. "That's quite the scratch" she says when she's finished, I nodded my head before standing up. "It'll be quite the story to tell" I say licking her head before walking out.

I walked to my cave and fell straight to sleep, fighting that bear and dragging it back to camp took all my energy.
"She seems fine" I heard a male voice say, I kept my eyes closed trying to figure out who it was "fine? She was attacked by a bear!" I could tell that was Night by his attitude. "Watch how you talk to me Night, I may be your brother but I am still your Alpha" Alpha growled "Alaska is a dog with a heart of a wolf. I don't like that she was attacked by a bear either, but at least she killed it. At least she can take care of herself. a young wolf can't even fight a bear yet she killed one." I let a small yawn leave my mouth before raising my head "are you guys fighting again?" I could barely keep my eyes open while staring at them, and it was very hard to keep my head up.

"Are you ok Alaska?" Alpha asked "your head's kind of wobbling all over the place" I yawned again before laying my head back down "just really tired" I say closing my eyes.
"We're sorry we woke you, we just wanted to check on you." Night says, I nodded my head "can you do it a little quieter?" I say with a small tired chuckle.
"We'll let you get back to sleep" Alpha says before walking away with Night by his side.

I drifted back to sleep pretty quickly, I woke up to the sound of birds flying around. I was confused, Night or Alpha always wakes me up. Maybe they thought I needed to sleep in because of the bear attack last night. I stood up only to feel a lot of pain coming from my side making me fall back down on my belly with a whine.
"Holy shit" I say looking at my side, it was swollen where the scratch was, I decided to slowly get back up trying not to hurt my side.
I walked out of the cave with a light limp and walked towards a small puddle in the camp, I took a big drink before walking over and grabbing a bunny from yesterday.